Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who writes this stuff?
Who writes this stuff?
Real ad I saw just now for a bed company.

"We take time to explain our products."

Me, thinking, about what the salesman has to say, "Now what you do is you lay on top of it."

Me, "NO WAY! I never would have thought of that."
RE: Who writes this stuff?
(January 18, 2019 at 7:13 am)Brian37 Wrote: Real ad I saw just now for a bed company.

Me, thinking, about what the salesman has to say, "Now what you do is you lay on top of it."

There's a difference between explaining the product and explaining how to use the product.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 18, 2019 at 7:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 7:13 am)Brian37 Wrote: Real ad I saw just now for a bed company.

There's a difference between explaining the product and explaining how to use the product.

Boru

It's a bed, not a nuclear power plant.

Boru, I do get what you are saying, but all that is just marketing crap to over conflate what the product does to get more money out of you. Same crap with food, give it a fancy name and you can charge 5 billion dollars for an ounce of fish eggs.
I saw a billboard that read--

HUMAN TRAFFICKING IS HAPPENING HERE!

hotline # ( ect)

Really??

Is that the phone number you call when you want to order a slave??
Owned
I've always wanted a sex slave. . . but isn't that what wives are for?

*ducks*
(January 18, 2019 at 8:05 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 7:57 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There's a difference between explaining the product and explaining how to use the product.

Boru

It's a bed, not a nuclear power plant.

Boru, I do get what you are saying, but all that is just marketing crap to over conflate what the product does to get more money out of you.  Same crap with food, give it a fancy name and you can charge 5 billion dollars for an ounce of fish eggs.

The company is selling (or trying to sell) beds.  The whole idea behind advertising is to try to make people believe that your product is the best and the one they should buy.

I have yet to see an ad for the sale of nuclear power plants...do they offer money off for repeat customers or offer a loyalty card, or do they take trade-ins?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 19, 2019 at 7:23 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(January 18, 2019 at 8:05 am)Brian37 Wrote: It's a bed, not a nuclear power plant.

Boru, I do get what you are saying, but all that is just marketing crap to over conflate what the product does to get more money out of you.  Same crap with food, give it a fancy name and you can charge 5 billion dollars for an ounce of fish eggs.

The company is selling (or trying to sell) beds.  The whole idea behind advertising is to try to make people believe that your product is the best and the one they should buy.

I have yet to see an ad for the sale of nuclear power plants...do they offer money off for repeat customers or offer a loyalty card, or do they take trade-ins?

Thanks for the update.

Yes of course. But far too much of marketing isn't about selling you something you need, but getting every dime out of you they can.

Diamonds and caviar are perfect examples of bullshit marketing.
You really need a hobby.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 19, 2019 at 7:53 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You really need a hobby.

No I don't. You not liking my posts is your baggage, not mine.
(January 19, 2019 at 7:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 19, 2019 at 7:53 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: You really need a hobby.

No I don't. You not liking my posts is your baggage, not mine.

You being OFFENDED by, and NEUROTIC about, everything is your baggage, and you spew it ALL over the forum.  There's seldom a thread that doesn't include your ranting and raving.

HONEY, your baggage is the size of steamer trunks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff I've always wanted to do to Christians BrokenQuill92 0 619 January 17, 2014 at 10:29 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92