Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgeball
Dodgeball
Really? Who would watch this?

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Dodgeball
Seriously?

People watch fuckinng GOLF for crrissakes..

Dodgeball - at least there' s movement........
There is nothing people won't watch.  Evidence:  Adam Sandler's career.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The same people who consider texas holdem a sport.
Dying to live, living to die.
Dodgeball is a fast an interesting sport. What's the problem with watching that?

BTW I think it's maybe the only sport in which Malaysia is a powerhouse. Big Grin
Y'all have to remember that illiberals who think that they are liberal are actually pretty conservative people who think that no one should be thinking, saying, or doing anything that is outside of the illiberal norm. Dodgeball as a spectator sport is relatively new. The players are masculine jocks, and masculine jocks can only earn one single point in the illiberal worldview if they kneel during the national anthem. The illiberals feel that we don't need any new masculine jockery. So FM's panties are in a twist.

THIS is a strange sport. Don't worry, the horses aren't harmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQhTLc4nfo
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(January 26, 2019 at 10:24 am)Yonadav Wrote: Y'all have to remember that illiberals who think that they are liberal are actually pretty conservative people who think that no one should be thinking, saying, or doing anything that is outside of the illiberal norm. Dodgeball as a spectator sport is relatively new. The players are masculine jocks, and masculine jocks can only earn one single point in the illiberal worldview if they kneel during the national anthem. The illiberals feel that we don't need any new masculine jockery. So FM's panties are in a twist.

THIS isf a strange sport. Don't worry, the horses aren't harmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQhTLc4nfo

With a Finlandic winter - it' s that or drinking...

Tongue
I'd much rather watch that than "Extreme Couponing".
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I read about it four times a year in Obscure Sports Quarterly.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well, to be honest, this sport does look like sort of a logical evolutionary step in the right direction in regards of it being gentler and therefore more civilized. Guys just throw balls at each other and run scared from balls. In few years a pillow fight will be a sport and I'm not being sarcastic.
When it comes to dodgeball it seems that big muscly men as players are a miss since they are slow and big--easy targets.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"