Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGT - The " waaahhh" factor
AGT - The " waaahhh" factor
Know what pisses me off?

America's Got Talent --- always does heart-wrenching bios of the contestants.

"Wahhhh- I was bullied"
"Waaaahhh - my mommy died"
"Waahhhh - I fall down, go boom"

Know what?

I don't give a flying fuck.

Can the sonofabitch sing? Dance? Fart the Star Spangled Banner???

Show me that shit - and piss on your sentimental pandering...

Being a sad-sack fuck doesn't qualify as talent.

Violin
RE: AGT - The " waaahhh" factor
[Image: 7ed781fdba45276602940a5596dfef68.gif]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Can't be bothered with reality shows, in any of their myriad forms.
Dying to live, living to die.
(January 28, 2019 at 10:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Know what pisses me off?

America's Got Talent --- always does heart-wrenching bios of the contestants.

"Wahhhh- I was bullied"
"Waaaahhh - my mommy died"
"Waahhhh - I fall down, go boom"

Know what?

I don't give a flying fuck.

Then why do you watch it? It's an exploitative "reality" TV show for dumb people, who don't give a f*ck about singing, dancing, or talent in general. They care about drama, which is why shows like this always emphasise/manufacture it. Skills are difficult to relate to, but everybody has a sob story of their own.

(January 28, 2019 at 10:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Can the sonofabitch sing? Dance? Fart the Star Spangled Banner???

If you think, that this is what this show format is about and why it's still popular - you're being extremely naive. You want talent - go to a gig. AGT is all about emotional manipulation and making fun of retarded people. If you don't like it, do what I do - watch something else.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw