Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herr Von Popenfuhrer has
Herr Von Popenfuhrer has
his mind on the kids again..... beware of perverts with too strong an interest in kids.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/story_pri...3&sponsor=

Quote:During Mass at the Sistine Chapel, he said: "Every baptised child acquires the character of the son of God, beginning with their Christian name, an unmistakable sign that the Holy Spirit causes man to be born anew in the womb of the Church." He added that a name was an "indelible seal" that set children off on a lifelong "journey of religious faith".

He should worry a little more what having one of his pedophile priests shoving his dick up some kids' ass does to that "lifelong journey."

RE: Herr Von Popenfuhrer has
He just won't keep his anachronistic opinions to himself will he? I suppose that one day the catholic church will realise that they no longer have the same power and influence over the world (well, the western world anyway) that they once had. I won't hold my breath though!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
They are desperate to retain the illusion that these sorry old fucks are still relevant in the world.
Quote:"Naming children after perfumes, bicycles and countries is putting a limit on their potential. They are not merchandise or commodities."

I'm sorry. Since when were we following some Kabbalah-esque magical notion that a name shapes you into what you are?

What a crock of shit.

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Unfortunately sheeplike humans with the brains of primates who worship their "Alpha-Male-Deity", seem to compose about 75% of Humanity, and this kind of mystical double-talk still sells.

I might add: Drugs and desperation seem to go with religion; any visit to the poorest, crime-ridden ghettos reveals not only drug dealers and hustlers, but also neighborhood Fundamentalist Christian Chapels, on every corner. . . . Ingorance beckens religion.
The existance of a "God" is a moral impossibility.
My first name is that of a "saint" and I was raised RC. Guess my name didn't do much to set me on a lifelong "journey of religious faith".

Why anyone pays any mind to what is said by an old guy wearing a pointy hat is a mystery to me.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
The dumbest of catholics think the old nazi fuck is "infallible."
Minimalist Wrote:The dumbest of catholics think the old nazi fuck is "infallible."

Which accounts for people who follow the absurd dictates of the church. My wife's nephew was talking about what he was giving up for Lent and I wanted to shake him and say, "You don't have to live your life according to the silly rules laid down by a religion!"
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
thesummerqueen Wrote:
Quote:"Naming children after perfumes, bicycles and countries is putting a limit on their potential. They are not merchandise or commodities."

I'm sorry. Since when were we following some Kabbalah-esque magical notion that a name shapes you into what you are?

What a crock of shit.

Nice to see Ratty FINALLY has his priorities in order,and is concentrating on something really important. Every fatuous opinion he utters makes him look more of a senile old twat.

Hope the silly old bugger trips on his dress and breaks his bloody neck.Cranky
I don't really see the issue with his statement, i mean he says the name of someone is something really important that should not be subject to change. It does imply going against the transgendered community which is a problem, but the sacred-ness of the Name is not a Christian concept, i know in France its been a pillar of our civil law for 200 years.

Yes the child pedophilia is a serious matter that he should address, but this statement in itself i don't see as very controversial.

I'm pretty sure if they just gave up on the whole idea of priest celibacy, which is a dogma and not even something very important to the religion, they would have very few problems with that...but they are just too stubborn to change this dogma because they are all old hardcore conservatives, especially the Pope...this is so sad...

But they have to pander to their audience: old people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Herr Von Popenfuhrer Admits the Obvious Minimalist 17 5936 December 5, 2012 at 2:24 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  It's Not Nice to Fuck With Herr Von Popenfuhrer Minimalist 4 2158 April 6, 2012 at 4:06 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Herr Von Popenfuhrer Sued Minimalist 6 2258 September 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Shinylight