Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monsters
Monsters
So, my wife has a friend that went to school and they also got pregnant at the same time. They were constantly trading pregnant and child care tips.

Thing is, her husband was stealing  the state sponsorimg of children and cleaned the savings of the couple. She obviously split from him,

Now the guy murdered his mother in law, kidnapped the child to asphixiate her to death later and killed himself after.

I held that little girl in my arms... and she was the same age as my daughter. Some days, you lose hope on humanity. Sad
RE: Monsters
Hug
Condolences to you and that family. Children dying at the hands of parents is the worst.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hollywood has never come up with a monster worse than humans.
but what if we were all like that?

All the time.

The only difference is to us because we do certain things all the time those really bad things become ok. truthfully do you think the inca's thought themselves to be bad people for mass scale human sacrifice? Do you think the nazis saw them selves as evil? did we see ourselves as evil when enacting our manifest destiny and killed off almost all the plains indians? was it evil to play cowboys and Indians?

We can only 'judge right and wrong' by what society/our peers says is too much or too far. This however does not mean we in our moraly normalcy are 'good'. we simply adjust to the evil we are comfortable living with.

So then how do we know we are alll not the same monster
(February 6, 2019 at 12:08 pm)Drich Wrote: but what if we were all like that?

All the time.

The only difference is to us because we do certain things all the time those really bad things become ok. truthfully do you think the inca's thought themselves to be bad people for mass scale human sacrifice? Do you think the nazis saw them selves as evil? did we see ourselves as evil when enacting our manifest destiny and killed off almost all the plains indians? was it evil to play cowboys and Indians?

We can only 'judge right and wrong' by what society/our peers says is too much or too far. This however does not mean we in our moraly normalcy are 'good'. we simply adjust to the evil we are comfortable living with.

I'm not sure how this response equates to any sort of condolences for LP, which btw, LP, that really stinks, and I'm sorry for your loss.

For your word salad
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
My sincerest condolences.

Why is it that these scum don't just take themselves off our planet and leave everyone else alone?
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 6, 2019 at 9:15 am)LastPoet Wrote: So, my wife has a friend that went to school and they also got pregnant at the same time. They were constantly trading pregnant and child care tips.

Thing is, her husband was stealing  the state sponsorimg of children and cleaned the savings of the couple. She obviously split from him,

Now the guy murdered his mother in law, kidnapped the child to asphixiate her to death later and killed himself after.

I held that little girl in my arms... and she was the same age as my daughter. Some days, you lose hope on humanity. Sad

There is nothing I can say here.

(February 6, 2019 at 12:08 pm)Drich Wrote: but what if we were all like that?

All the time.

Because I have empathy I can put myself in the position of the person suffering the loss and know how I'd feel.

Some people due to mental conditions, drugs, political affiliations or religion have their empathy lessened, so they are monsters.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Some days? You're a real optimist, huh? I absolutely fucking hate people!
Omg, LP! That’s awful, I’m so sorry. 😞 I don’t know what is wrong with people, honestly...it’s always the children who suffer.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken.