Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clairvoyance
Clairvoyance
Lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB33z6qFJ...r_embedded

Maybe he is clairvoyant but can't change the future huh?
RE: Clairvoyance
I saw an episode of the David Letterman Show back in the 80s and he had a guy on who claimed to be psychic. Letterman went to write something down and couldn't find a pen. He turned to the guy and said, "You don't have a pen, do you?". The guy said no. Letterman then said, "Gee, you'd think you would have known I was going to ask you for a pen!".

The audience laughed hysterically. As did I.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Clairvoyance is "clear seeing" yes??? What has asking for a pen got to do with anything

twat!! Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
"Clear seeing of the future" - so the fact he didn't anticipate the need of the pen show he is either careless or without ability to predict the future.

[Image: 1294118143911.jpg]
Quote:"Clear seeing of the future" - so the fact he didn't anticipate the need of the pen show he is either careless or without ability to predict the future.

Even though I've never seen any evidence of precognition, I'm not sure your claim is correct. I think it depends on the claims being made. I've met a few so-called clairvoyants and a LOT of astrologers. (I was one for few years).

No clairvoyant or astrologer I've ever met has claimed to be able foretell ALL of the future ,just some of it. So far no one has been able to prove that claim.Therefore, I'm unable to believe in the existence of precognition.
(January 30, 2011 at 4:58 am)padraic Wrote: Even though I've never seen any evidence of precognition, I'm not sure your claim is correct. I think it depends on the claims being made. I've met a few so-called clairvoyants and a LOT of astrologers. (I was one for few years).

I am intrigued by this.
Were you a proffesional?
Did you believe in astrology at the time and if so what mechanism did you think was at work?
What made you stop?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(January 30, 2011 at 6:21 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(January 30, 2011 at 4:58 am)padraic Wrote: Even though I've never seen any evidence of precognition, I'm not sure your claim is correct. I think it depends on the claims being made. I've met a few so-called clairvoyants and a LOT of astrologers. (I was one for few years).

I am intrigued by this.
Were you a proffesional?
Did you believe in astrology at the time and if so what mechanism did you think was at work?
What made you stop?

I was not a professional, although I could cast and interpret charts and learned 'the language' of astrologers,which is always vague. There is actually also a code of ethics amongst believing astrologers.

Yes I believed.

I was taught astrology is like a road map. That when certain correlations between planets and the constellations occur, specific things WILL happen to the individual involved.There was no mechanism. My teacher believed we live in an acausal, deterministic universe. He also believed in fairies, the occult, etc etc. He was brilliant man,but sadly, I eventually discovered,also quite nuts.

What happened.? I never stopped asking questions, and kept detailed records of every chart,reading and prediction I made. I did my own chart. ( the first chart every astrologer does is his own) I also had my chart done by three separate professionals. The charts were technically pretty much the same,but the readings varied wildly.

I later reviewed the readings I'd done. I made not ONE specific or accurate prediction and the personality analyses were so generalised as to be useless.

At the association,for practice, each week we did a blind reading of the chart of a famous person:EG I remember doing Hitler and Ghandi. You'd think their fame/infamy would jump out at you. It never did.

I also read a lot of 'technical' books on astrology and about the history of astrology.

The technical base of astrology HAS NEVER CHANGED:it remains geocentric.

I guess you get the idea by now. Looking back,I'm embarrassed that I ever took it seriously at all.The only explanation I can offer is my teacher was a close friend I trusted.I was very young and very gullible.

mmm jury is still out on your gullibility mate.

As for precognition?? hmm define?? how many nanoseconds does it take??

Just what are we talking about??

The precognition to put your bike (and you) out of harms way??

The precognition that will tell people that their whole life will be thus??

I am reminded of a line of Majel Barrett / Roddenberry from Babylon5 ..." the future will reveal itself only reluctantly"

I took this to mean that there are so many possibilities and opportunities that one COULD TAKE that a firm future prediction is near nigh impossible.

"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 30, 2011 at 9:05 am)padraic Wrote: Yes I believed.

I was taught astrology is like a road map. That when certain correlations between planets and the constellations occur, specific things WILL happen to the individual involved.There was no mechanism. My teacher believed we live in an acausal, deterministic universe. He also believed in fairies, the occult, etc etc. He was brilliant man,but sadly, I eventually discovered,also quite nuts.

You just get more and more intriguing.

FYI to the general public: the ones who believe in fairies are usually the ones who are completely (sometimes humorously, sometimes tragically) out of touch with reality, as I discovered to my dismay when a large man at the Renaissance Faire grabbed my wrist and raped my ear with fairy lore and my nose with B.O.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(January 30, 2011 at 9:05 am)padraic Wrote: The technical base of astrology HAS NEVER CHANGED:it remains geocentric.

I guess you get the idea by now. Looking back,I'm embarrassed that I ever took it seriously at all.The only explanation I can offer is my teacher was a close friend I trusted.I was very young and very gullible.

Why be embarrassed?? So now you are an armature astrologer?? You have an interset in physics and less 'geocentric' physics??

Mind you ...I have had 'Those close call moments' when I just knew some fuckwit driver is going to just casually drift in to my lane without indicating or looking and only missing me cos I decided (sic) to back off and give him room??. 'Close call' moments that say "Nahhhh I'll just sit here in the traffic and not manouver my way infront of that truck even though there is plenty of room....then BAM!! all hell breaks loose and one is counting 'their lucky stars' (yeah where did we get THAT saying from?)

I don't know if it is clairvoyance or what one would call it but I do understand the survival benefit of a mind that can make these calculations and by pass all intent to tell the body "Don't do/ touch 'dis"