Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angel Families & 45's BS "emergency"OP/ED
Angel Families & 45's BS "emergency"OP/ED
Nobody wants to lose their loved one to murder. If one wants to say we need to do a better job of kicking violent individuals out, that is a case one can make. But that is not how the orange turd is framing it. And what was sickening about his rambling in the Rose Garden today, was that he was using the very same dog whistle bigoted speech, by calling it an "invasion", but also called it "Chain migration" saying, "They come in, then they bring 20 or 30 more with them." That is implying that Hispanics breed like rabbits, the same bigoted language was used about blacks and Jews too.

If nobody has heard about "Angel Families", these are family members whom lost loved ones to violence from an undocumented person. Again, nobody wants to lose a loved one to murder. I get that part. But the problem with pinning it on status misses the point. The dead from Parkland and Newtown and Vegas and the Church and the Theater and Columbine are just as dead and their loved ones hurt just as much. 

The other problem with pinning it on status, is that the truth is, humans migrate to flee from famine, crime and war, and these same parents would do the same thing to try to save their families if they were in the same position. It still remains that the majority of violence in this country is from people who were born here. It is fine to say "kick violent INDIVIDUALS out." It is not ok to vilify someone who is merely trying to survive and have a better life than from where they came from. And even the orange turd has employed undocumented workers himself. Status isn't the issue, the violence is. 

This rhetoric is dangerous and should not be normalized. Again, violence is the issue, and nobody has a problem with wanting to reduce it. But vilifying entire races and religions is not a tactic, it is simply selling fear.
RE: Angel Families & 45's BS "emergency"OP/ED
Ah, yes, the Angels Families, focusing on their own tragedies, but never stopping to think about the elevated levels of crime immigrants have to deal with because, well, they’re pretty much as close to the medieval status of Outlaw as the Constitution will allow (what with the fact that they have little to no legal recourse unless they want to be deported.)

Then again, if society didn’t have double standards, we’d probably have no standards.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Immigrant: I've made it across the border and now I'm going to ask for asylum.
Bwian: Welcome to America!
Immigrant: Thank you. I thank G-d I made it this far. He saved me! (pulls out crucifix and kisses it and makes the sign of the cross)
Bwian: Get the fuck out!
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(February 15, 2019 at 2:16 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Ah, yes, the Angels Families, focusing on their own tragedies, but never stopping to think about the elevated levels of crime immigrants have to deal with because, well, they’re pretty much as close to the medieval status of Outlaw as the Constitution will allow (what with the fact that they have little to no legal recourse unless they want to be deported.)

Then again, if society didn’t have double standards, we’d probably have no standards.

I am in no way trying to marginalize their loss. I am saying Trump is a fucking asshole who isn't trying to reduce violence in any pragmatic way. But yea, it is a double standard. Those fellow human beings are fleeing from violence themselves. They have family and loved ones too.
When a caucasian kills people they don't make such a fuss about it do they.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 15, 2019 at 3:23 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: When a caucasian kills people they don't make such a fuss about it do they.

Yep. Because the truth is, there is lots of white anxiety in America because of changing demographics and more pluralism. 

But to be somewhat fair, China has a horrible habit of hiding their own dirty laundry, and migrating there isn't easy either, damned near impossible. 

Race is an artificial construct made by humans. Racism does exist, but not in a DNA context. There is no racist gene, just humans who group and compete with other groups.

But while it seems right now that America is regressing, when you take in to account the totality of where we started, and the far more vast pluralism protected now, comparatively speaking, we always seem to progress more than we take steps back.  But that to me is more a species thing, than a label issue. Humans, as individuals are very capable of compassion, problem has always been, we don't always default to that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jury Awards Sandy Hook Families Nearly $1 Billion BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1834 October 14, 2022 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Guardian angel saves baby Drich 187 28442 March 16, 2015 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Smaug