Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia day
Australia day
Every year for Australia day the Lamb board launches a new ad for eating lamb featuring a man called Sam Keckovich. This is the latest

[youtube]1C89osd7Eic[/youtube]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: Australia day
Must be a australian thing I didn't get it.
Fucking Austfailians.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli
(January 17, 2011 at 9:23 am)Ubermensch Wrote: Fucking Austfailians.

That fucking moron, fucking Sam Keckovich. He makes me cringe like the late Steve Irwin,who died from a combination of terminal arrogance and stupidity. Reminds me of Sir Les Paterson writ small.

As far as Sam goes,I hope an ancient building falls down and squashes the dumb bastard flat.

I grew up eating more lamb than any other meat,as it was by far the cheapest . That's no longer the case.Today lamb is more expensive than a decent cut of beef. It's also the fattiest red meat. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought lamb. Sam and the Lamb board can go fuck themselves.Cranky

Australia day is seen by many indigenous Australians as a day of mourning. I ignore it,finding the flag waving and self congratulations irritating and irrelevant.

Quote:Dr Sir Lesley Colin Patterson is a fictional character portrayed by the Australian comedian Barry Humphries. Obese, lecherous and offensive, this farting, belching, nose-picking figure of Rabelaisian excess is an antipodean Falstaff. He is Dame Edna Everage's exact opposite: she is female, refined, Protestant, and from Melbourne; he is male, uncouth, Catholic, and from Sydney.

His humour abounds in such a wide range of racist and sexual stereotypes that it would offend almost anyone who takes it at face value.

* He boasts of his prowess with his "Girl Friday" and his trips to Bangkok "rub and tug shops"
* He jokes that "the best place to hide something from a Pom is under a bar of soap".
* He also resents Australians having died "stopping a bullet for the Pommy Empire."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Les_Patterson
I hope you are far enough from the floods, Pad.

Swimming at our age should be a leisurely activity not a life-saving one!
(January 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I hope you are far enough from the floods, Pad.

Swimming at our age should be a leisurely activity not a life-saving one!

Yes,thanks Min. The nearest floods are a Horsham,Victoria, a few hundred miles south east. I'm about ten miles south of the city,well away from its river and on high ground. If I ever DO get flooded,my house will slide right down the hill.

My girlfriend is currently living in Townsville, Queensland, and well north of the floods. However, she is experiencing food shortages:Queensland produces a quarter of the country's fresh produce.Those crops are under water,and rail lines and most roads are cut. Very little is getting in or out except by air. (the major airports are still open)

These floods are probably the the worst natural disaster in Australia's history.The death toll will probably exceed 40. In excess of 20 thousand people are homeless. Loss of infrastructure is estimated at over $10 billion. Same amount in the mining industry,currently operating at about 60%. Agriculture in the hundred of millions. Tourism,up to a billion.

Australia has population of 21 million

HERE local fresh food prices are just starting to rise. I have enough food for a month.
I find Sam Keckovich "Lamb for Australia Day" ads rather funny. as for 'Dame Edna' and 'Sir Les' also rather funny.

I find Lamb no more or less expensive than any other meat...I grew up with a variety - guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I'm Australian...born and bred here...can't be fucked with all that flag waving shit.... and if the Indigenous population want to mourn the day ...then they can hand BACK the squillions that the Australian public coffers have handed over to them and we can leave the land in the same state that we found it....

NO?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:I find Sam Keckovich "Lamb for Australia Day" ads rather funny.

when I wrote "like Les Paterson writ small" I meant like Les,minus the wit,intellect and charm .

I find your comments about aborigines hilarious. Your own Les Paterson impersonation? I think you've captured his sense of the ridiculous very well.Cool Shades
(January 19, 2011 at 8:05 am)padraic Wrote:
Quote:I find Sam Keckovich "Lamb for Australia Day" ads rather funny.

when I wrote "like Les Paterson writ small" I meant like Les,minus the wit,intellect and charm .

I find your comments about aborigines hilarious. Your own Les Paterson impersonation? I think you've captured his sense of the ridiculous very well.Cool Shades

Sorry Pad but the abo's predicement is of their own making.

Unless you can show the governmental policies that cause them to live like they do.

[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Oliver Works Over Australia Minimalist 0 734 May 18, 2015 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Teva Lea Extreme 2008 - Tasmania, Australia. g-mark 0 872 June 28, 2009 at 11:16 am
Last Post: g-mark