Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiting for the results
Waiting for the results
Have you ever been in a situation where you are unsure whenever You'll pass an exam or project essential for passing a certain class, but have to wait for the results? Not only that, but you still have work that needs to be done for this class in the meantime. There is possible that you will fail this class even if you do said work, but if you don't do the work at all and you pass mentioned exam or project, you risk losing time for the work.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Waiting for the results
Yes.
Along with just about everyone anywhere in the world who attended any sort of a school.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(April 11, 2019 at 12:46 pm)Succubus Wrote: Yes.
Along with just about everyone anywhere in the world who attended any sort of a school.

I do believe that the best solution in my example would be to continue the work. If you fail and need to repeat the course you will basically do the same type of exercises once more, so you'll have a bit of experience.  It's still frustrating though.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
(April 11, 2019 at 12:30 pm)Der/die AtheistIn Wrote: Have you ever been in a situation where you are unsure whenever You'll pass an exam or project essential for passing a certain class, but have to wait for the results? Not only that, but you still have work that needs to be done for this class in the meantime. There is possible that you will fail this class even if you do said work, but if you don't do the work at all and you pass mentioned exam or project, you risk losing time for the work.

Anxiety is a bitch. For me both in HS and college, I know the feeling. 

I did, my first few terms at university.  Then I figured out the secret - I wasn't at uni to get educated, I was there to get credentialed.  I studied just enough to get by, borrowed notes from other students, and made sure I did well on exams.

Granted, this isn't a good idea if you're majoring in medicine or engineering, but I was a history major.  So, you know.  Fuck it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 11, 2019 at 12:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I did, my first few terms at university.  Then I figured out the secret - I wasn't at uni to get educated, I was there to get credentialed.  I studied just enough to get by, borrowed notes from other students, and made sure I did well on exams.

Granted, this isn't a good idea if you're majoring in medicine or engineering, but I was a history major.  So, you know.  Fuck it.

Boru

Aunt  Becky is that you?

I'M JUST KIDDING..... I also had a shitload of help from my friends as far as studying and notes. 

I cant equate myself to you based on this post though. Seems you were more relaxed "I studied just enough". I freaked out every time a I asked a teacher before the midterms or a final when I asked them "Whats going to be on the test", and of course they'd say, "Everything we discussed in class this semester" .. And all I could think was, "Well that fucking narrows it down".

Sorry Die, cant resist responding to the title of the thread "Waiting for the results".

The rabbit died.