Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent admission to hospital
Recent admission to hospital
Things have been going well since my successful operation in 2016, regarding my Crohn's disease at least. I've been able to eat a full and varied diet, after 5+ years on an extremely bland one. A couple of weeks ago, we got a wake-up call that I’m not as free as I thought.

After eating some spicy food followed by a fruit salad, I developed a blockage which led to 18 hours of pain; an admission to A&E; a transfer to another hospital; and several nights stay in that hospital. I was very well taken care of, and I’m now out and doing well, although I’m having intermittent pain. We’re being careful at the moment with a fairly bland diet, and we plan to slowly build it up to a compromise position between bland and free eating.

The time before this that I had to go to A&E with a blockage, I totally lost my grip and was mentally breaking down because of the pain and mental torment. I believe I wrote about that on here. This time I came close to the edge several times, but managed to pull myself back.

Although ME, depression and anxiety still plague me; and I’m living a life I’d rather not have, for the sake of others; it’s still a huge relief to be out of hospital. I’m now making it a point to be grateful to the previous "me" who withstood the agony and mental torture, and to appreciate the relative bliss of being pain-free and not being hooked up to any machines.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Recent admission to hospital
Sorry that happened. I’m glad they took good care of you and you’re out now. Hug
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 18, 2019 at 10:52 pm)Losty Wrote: Sorry that happened. I’m glad they took good care of you and you’re out now. Hug

Thank you Smile Hug

I was very lucky that it was a recently built hospital I ended up staying in, with individual rooms for everyone. This gave me privacy and peace when I needed it, and the chance to interact with others when I felt like it.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 18, 2019 at 10:50 pm)robvalue Wrote: Things have been going well since my successful operation in 2016, regarding my Crohn's disease at least. I've been able to eat a full and varied diet, after 5+ years on an extremely bland one. A couple of weeks ago, we got a wake-up call that I’m not as free as I thought.

After eating some spicy food followed by a fruit salad, I developed a blockage which led to 18 hours of pain; an admission to A&E; a transfer to another hospital; and several nights stay in that hospital. I was very well taken care of, and I’m now out and doing well, although I’m having intermittent pain. We’re being careful at the moment with a fairly bland diet, and we plan to slowly build it up to a compromise position between bland and free eating.

The time before this that I had to go to A&E with a blockage, I totally lost my grip and was mentally breaking down because of the pain and mental torment. I believe I wrote about that on here. This time I came close to the edge several times, but managed to pull myself back.

Although ME, depression and anxiety still plague me; and I’m living a life I’d rather not have, for the sake of others; it’s still a huge relief to be out of hospital. I’m now making it a point to be grateful to the previous "me" who withstood the agony and mental torture, and to appreciate the relative bliss of being pain-free and not being hooked up to any machines.
Sorry to hear that . Stay well .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Me too, glad you're out of the hospital, and hope things get better, my friend.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Pain, I find, is the absolute worst thing for fragile mental health. It turns our thoughts inwards, which for me is torture. I can't imagine the pain you've had to suffer. My cousin has the same ailment, and he has had a feeding tube for most of his life, is addicted to opioids, and I'm pretty sure lost touch with who he is years ago. You should be proud that you're doing well. Also, don't eat spicy food!
Sorry to hear that, Rob. 
Hopefully it will just take just a few minor adjustments to your diet/food prep to prevent it from happening again.

Feel better soon.
Sorry to hear that , I had to google this

Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease

Even i have not been feeling well since the past couple of days .

I have been having a stuffed feeling

I drink a lot of Milk Tea . Now i am planning to change that habit to Black Tea because someone said , its much better for my health .

Thank you very much for all the kind messages, it means a lot Heart

Index of my best videos
I feel your pain. Literally. I had a blocked bowel this last summer. Lost 25 pounds in ten days on an IV diet. Drs. said it was probably due to after-effects of gall bladder removal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Wars has become the next General Hospital. Jehanne 23 2625 January 8, 2018 at 9:28 am
Last Post: John V
  My apologies for my recent boorishness AFTT47 14 1477 December 11, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Out in front of the hospital a few mins ago.... Brian37 22 2057 August 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Back after a stay in a US mental hospital. bladevalant546 36 4629 September 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  In hospital Autumnlicious 28 3870 August 26, 2013 at 6:52 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  In the hospital Jackalope 110 14170 February 11, 2012 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Stephen Hawking ill in hospital. leo-rcc 1 1513 April 21, 2009 at 8:19 am
Last Post: leo-rcc