Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Done with Total AV
I'm Done with Total AV
Whenever there's a Windows 10 update, and there's been quite a few lately, my Total AV anti-virus software usually switches off.  

To switch it back on, I usually have to install the Hot Fix - EACH SODDIN' TIME !!

Sometimes it works and Total AV switches on, and sometimes it doesn't.

When it doesn't, I have to de-install and then re-install Total AV and then run the Hot Fix - A-SODDIN'-GAIN. 

I've contacted TotalAV several times.

They ask me to send them some data so that's what I do.

I don't hear from them again until I contact them again with the same friggin' problem.

I don't hear from them again until I contact them again with the same friggin' problem.

I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
RE: I'm Done with Total AV
(April 20, 2019 at 9:37 pm)Lemon Curry Wrote: Whenever there's a Windows 10 update, and there's been quite a few lately, my Total AV anti-virus software usually switches off.  

To switch it back on, I usually have to install the Hot Fix - EACH SODDIN' TIME !!

When it doesn't, I have to de-install and then re-install Total AV and then run the Hot Fix - A-SODDIN'-GAIN. 

Blush

I've highlighted your only friggin problem. Cool Shades
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(April 20, 2019 at 9:54 pm)Succubus Wrote:
(April 20, 2019 at 9:37 pm)Lemon Curry Wrote: Whenever there's a Windows 10 update, and there's been quite a few lately, my Total AV anti-virus software usually switches off.  

Blush

I've highlighted your only friggin problem. Cool Shades

When Windows ran out of Registers, way back in its early days, and had to double up on its usage of them, you kinda knew that things weren't going to end well.
I don't know whether I need a bottle in front of me or a frontal lobotomy. Diablo
I've got W10 and use bitdefender free version, no problemo.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I tried bitdefender, but I didn't quite understand it.
I'm currently using the free version of Kaspersky.
(April 20, 2019 at 10:28 pm)Kit Wrote: I tried bitdefender, but I didn't quite understand it.

Fuckin communist!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 20, 2019 at 10:26 pm)wyzas Wrote: I've got W10 and use bitdefender free version, no problemo.

I used the free version of Avast for years with no problems.  Then, it stopped working when I installed W10.  No matter what I did or tried, I couldn't get Avast to run on my W10 machine.

When my Total AV license expires, I'll give bitdefender a try.

My thanks.
You wouldn't have these problems if you was using a free and open source alternative to Windows like a Linux based system or an operating system based on BSD.
There are free and open sources operating system non based on Linux nor BSD.

What is Linux ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
List of OS based on Linux : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution
What is BSD ? https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_S...stribution
List of OS based on BSD : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BS...ng_systems
List of Security-focused operating system : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-f...ing_system

(April 20, 2019 at 10:32 pm)wyzas Wrote:
(April 20, 2019 at 10:28 pm)Kit Wrote: I tried bitdefender, but I didn't quite understand it.

Fuckin communist!

Wake up ! USSR is dead since 1991. Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Russian : Антивирус Касперского , Transliteration in English : Antivirus Kasperskovo) is a program made by a Russian company named Kaspersky Lab (Russian : Лаборатория Касперского , Transliteration in English : Laboratoriya Kasperskogo).
The first version of this program was made in 1997.
Try avira or comodo suit.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(April 20, 2019 at 10:26 pm)wyzas Wrote: I've got W10 and use bitdefender free version, no problemo.
Insert dittoness here. Never had a problem with Win1010. I use Bitdefender and Malwarebytes. I'm good.

(April 20, 2019 at 10:33 pm)Lemon Curry Wrote:

I used the free version of Avast for years with no problems.  Then, it stopped working when I installed W10.  No matter what I did or tried, I couldn't get Avast to run on my W10 machine.

When my Total AV license expires, I'll give bitdefender a try.

My thanks.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4679550]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Here Done Over-Clocking a CPU? AFTT47 22 3403 April 8, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What is a normal CPU range for total usage? Brian37 9 1907 December 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda