Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Street, another one of my favs.
Baker Street, another one of my favs.
This was one of the first songs I loved that made me cling to the radio just to listen to. 

RE: Baker Street, another one of my favs.
Sounds Miami Vice-y.
(May 3, 2019 at 4:18 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Sounds Miami Vice-y.

While everyone thinks I have ABBA on the brain, this song was literally the one song I clung to the radio to hear growing up. 

My parents had a boat in a marina in Annapolis MD, and across the river was a club house pool, we could even hear the music from during the day while it was open. The station they had it on had that song on rotation constantly. Every weekend we went to the boat I waited for that song to play.
Ah..now I know remember why the OP brought Miami Vice to mind.
This song. Sax riff sounds similar.

Quote:While everyone thinks I have ABBA on the brain

And why do you suppose that is?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 3, 2019 at 5:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:While everyone thinks I have ABBA on the brain

And why do you suppose that is?

Boru

I haven't the  slightest clue.
Most of my fond musical memories are from the 80s and early 90s.

Those fond 70s memories definitely include Baker Street as well as ABBA.

I couldn't tell you why. Emotions are a really complicated aspect of our big brains. It might be some time before science can explain musical taste.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
That Baker Street sax work also got me thinking about that one performer in The Lost Boys. Didn't know he was Tina Turner's saxophonist.

LMFAO....Gudt Lordt, this shit's hilarious. 80's in a fuckin' nutshell.

It is ironic. I will always defend ABBA. Everyone knows that, or should by now. But the truth is, if anything lead me to more heavy metal music, such as Rush, and Pink Floyd and Pat Benatar, and Queen and Metallica, the one song that single handed lead me down the road of "I want more", regarding metal, literally was the "Mama Mia" solo. 

The late 70s and early 80s incorporated a ton of saxophone in music. I have to say even outside of rock and pop, sax is one of my favorite sounds.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Poem about Black Wall Street. Brian37 0 276 June 1, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A Baker's Dozen of What? Brian37 5 377 June 21, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4