Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back to christianty
back to christianty
Av gone back to Christianity and to me being female ,my ocd and mental health isnt so good at the moment am so involved with the church and my friends i cant leave  also am pro life pro LGBT Catholic  i have friends who are LGBT  the fact am pro life  i dont believe living things should stufer pain and i believe life starts when conserved something that dont happen for me  i have rituals av been missin like prayers and other things i must do everyday my anxiety is through the roof at  the moment i see my psych today hopfully she can help
Heart
RE: back to christianty
Best of luck. I know having mental health issues is hard. Hope everything works out for you.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 21, 2019 at 2:16 am)WolfsChild Wrote: Av gone back to Christianity and to me being female ,my ocd and mental health isnt so good at the moment am so involved with the church and my friends i cant leave  also am pro life pro LGBT Catholic  i have friends who are LGBT  the fact am pro life  i dont believe living things should stufer pain and i believe life starts when conserved something that dont happen for me  i have rituals av been missin like prayers and other things i must do everyday my anxiety is through the roof at  the moment i see my psych today hopfully she can help

Sure, that's why religion exists for a lot of people: to calm their anxiety. Think about it: religion along with stuff like believing in flat Earth, believing in aliens, believing in magic is very soothing because it is a banal explanation of how world works and when "we" have such banal thoughts filling our heads it calms us down because it brings us back to our early childhoods when we had banal brains and banal explanations about the world which then automatically connects us with another feeling from childhood: calmness - we didn't have to worry about problems, paying bills, etc.
(May 21, 2019 at 2:16 am)WolfsChild Wrote: Av gone back to Christianity and to me being female ,my ocd and mental health isnt so good at the moment am so involved with the church and my friends i cant leave  also am pro life pro LGBT Catholic  i have friends who are LGBT  the fact am pro life  i dont believe living things should stufer pain and i believe life starts when conserved something that dont happen for me  i have rituals av been missin like prayers and other things i must do everyday my anxiety is through the roof at  the moment i see my psych today hopfully she can help
While I can't accept your pro life stance as reasonable. If the church lowers your anxieties i can't really object. Hopefully it lowers and you can find another outlet so you can leave again .

Hang in there
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Best of luck - I hope you can get yourself sorted out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I suffered a nervous breakdown 10 years ago; I was about to lose my job (which happened several months later), and ultimately, slid into foreclosure, and then, to save my home (successfully, by the way), went into bankruptcy.  During that time, I had a religious conversion, but eventually, over time, came to my senses, decided that it was all nonsense, and that I needed to stop wasting my precious time and money.

Since then, I have actively worked on my physical and mental health, and with it, my financial health, also, and see religious faith as wasting one's time beating the wind.  I do think that one of the prime motives of religious faith is social and sexual.  A lot of families like religion, as it is a way to network and keep them socially connected to their communities; while at the same time, I think that a lot of men use religious faith as an aphrodisiac.  Plus, religious faith is emotional morphine for others, a way to cope with death and dying.
Hug

Best wishes to whre ever life takes you. Smile

You have my genuine sympathy for all of that.
I do have to consider, how many people in the world have their mental illnesses prolonged and untamed due to religious dogma instilled onto them? I am not saying religion is the cause, but mayhap, it does not help, possibly making it worse in a vicious self sustaining cycle.

At any rate, my symphaty, it's not easy dealing with that. We have people that suffer from OCD, perhaps they can be more of help.
Do what you need to do to be happy and/or content. If religion/god helps you get there, fine by me. 

I won't understand it, and won't judge either, up to the point when you become insistent.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.