Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!!
The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!!
Kilogram Redefined

Quote:Currently, it is defined by the weight of a platinum-based ingot called "Le Grand K" which is locked away in a safe in Paris.

On Friday, researchers meeting in Versailles voted to get rid of it in favour of defining a kilogram in terms of an electric current.

And about bleeding time, and all.  The standard kilogram is off by about 50 parts in a billion.  This is killing my heroin profits.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!!
Yeah, how can you be sure you are cheating your customers if the actual definition of a kilo of heroin just reduces?
Does this mean the universe is lighter now?

Asking for a friend.
(May 21, 2019 at 6:10 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Does this mean the universe is lighter now?  

Asking for a friend.

No, it's a wee bit heavier - Le Grande K has been losing mass.  The new kilogram corrects that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 21, 2019 at 6:15 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 21, 2019 at 6:10 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Does this mean the universe is lighter now?  

Asking for a friend.

No, it's a wee bit heavier - Le Grande K has been losing mass.  The new kilogram corrects that.

Boru

Doesn’t that mean the universe is lighter now, since it will consist of fewer of the new heftier kilograms?

Honey, you shed pounds but each of your pounds gained weight.
Does the metric fuckton change cause I use it all the time Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
What's the going rate for a pound of flesh now?
(May 21, 2019 at 7:50 am)no one Wrote: What's the going rate for a pound of flesh now?

It will be replaced by a kilo of beef
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Wagyu or Kobe?
I am calling the police, it is wrong to kill a gram.