Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ivory tower
The ivory tower
This is directed to modern humans who live in "wealthy" countries. I won't say "the west" because this is bigger than just the west.

So, you got to be fucking kidding, right?
You live in ivory towers away from the massacre taking place elsewhere on this planet. While the industrial revolution assures the prosperity of your societies on the expense of crushing the rest of humans under the thick, painful weight of your boots.

Modern culture that came after the industrial revolution -or industrial massacre- assures prosperity for few societies only -as long as they lock the rest of humanity hostage; with nuclear weapons aimed to its head-.

Deep inside, a lot may know it: you are eating delicious food and getting on trains because there are slaves from Africa and Asia who were less fortunate, working for you.
Without them; your whole civilization would crumble and cease to exist.

The European part of this modern culture tried to win slaves by giving them "a contract called nationality". While in other places it was less obvious; with some places today -like Arabia- that has regimes that take slaves.

But let's take you -if you are a part of these cultures- away from the ivory tower for a moment; maybe it'll open your eyes for a change.

Outside the tower, the owner of the ivory tower loves to employ foreign slaves who act as proxies to carry out the will of the owner. Each slave act in proxy in their local areas; that's how the owner gets fancy food to the residents of the ivory tower.

The problem is: most residents in the ivory tower would never admit it: they would simply blame the poverty of other humans on childish, unrealistic causes, and avoid speaking about what their owner did.
They never mention that the shoes they wear, the phones they carry, the food they eat, was probably made by a poor Asian kid who is dreaming about spending a single night in the ivory tower.

When a group of the slaves revolt; they get accused of being "terrorists" and "maniacs"; they get bombarded along with their families to make an example out of them.

Slaves revolted under all kinds of banners but until now all were suppressed. But it turns out there is more than one ivory tower; and there is a civil war between them.
A civil war that we call "WW3".

It is that war of ivory towers. And once poverty begins to touch the towers; or the loot of any of them gets attacked seriously;expect that war to come.
RE: The ivory tower
Boils down to 'Capitalism is good for some people, but creates misery for large swaths of humanity.'

Brevity is the soul of not irritating people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's not so much as an Ivory Tower, as it is a steaming pile of shit. It's not so much a steaming pile of shit as it is a sunken abscess of pain misery and despair.
(July 3, 2019 at 2:12 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Boils down to 'Capitalism is good for some people, but creates misery for large swaths of humanity.'

Brevity is the soul of not irritating people.

Boru

Putting it in a fairy-tale like context has a little stronger effect.

(July 3, 2019 at 2:22 pm)no one Wrote: It's not so much as an Ivory Tower, as it is a steaming pile of shit. It's not so much a steaming pile of shit as it is a sunken abscess of pain misery and despair.

Ever saw Egypt?

[Image: %D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D8%...%D9%85.jpg]

Sometimes dead animals -like dogs- are in the garbage which is thrown in the street.
It smells like a shitty morgue from "Silent Hill"
You still are online. We can assume by that, that you have a computer device of some sort - and you have the free time to post this tome here - so we can further deduce you have an income - you can't play if you're scratching for your next meal.

It's also pretty likely that you aren't living under a bridge...  Homeless people aren't sanctimonious - they are more direct - begging for money - food - or work so they can get some food. 

So why haven't you sold off all your possessions and fed the poor and spread the good word?

That'  the "godly" thing to do...

Dodgy
(July 3, 2019 at 3:10 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: You still are online. We can assume by that, that you have a computer device of some sort - and you have the free time to post this tome here - so we can further deduce you have an income - you can't play if you're scratching for your next meal.

It's also pretty likely that you aren't living under a bridge...  Homeless people aren't sanctimonious - they are more direct - begging for money - food - or work so they can get some food. 

So why haven't you sold off all your possessions and fed the poor and spread the good word?

That'  the "godly" thing to do...

Dodgy

I'm not online, my status is set to away because it looks cool. Of course I'm using a computer to type all of this !
I'm not poor and I never claimed that. But in this world you are what your nationality says you are; in other words the American or British white citizens are literally superior to other nationals; even the natives of some countries in their own countries.

For example, I am an Arab -without stating my nationality-. In my own country, an American or a British is so superior I cannot even touch.

Though for the homeless and poor, it's hard to sleep at night knowing that they are poor because some local fuckers collaborated with some international fuckers to cause their misery.
A lot of these folks are ignorant and shocked. Just like I feel bad for a caged hound; I know he will tear me to pieces once he is out of his cage, so to help the hound probably I need the help of an expert. That expert is supposed to be the government. But Arab governments of today are mere servants of the ivory towers' cartels.
What makes you think you know my skin color?
(July 3, 2019 at 4:02 pm)no one Wrote: What makes you think you know my skin color?

But I don't, I also didn't refer to it at all.
Skin color became less and less important in the power game of today.
Last time I tried building an ivory tower I was arrested because, apparently, “poaching” is illegal as is shooting elephants.

Last time I visit THAT zoo!
Dying to live, living to die.
Ah, another post full of metaphors. But the truth is that there doesn't seem to be "ivory tower" countries, people don't feel like that when you have oil refineries exploding in the middle of Philadelphia, floods, heat waves and overall disgruntled citizens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NRA Wants to keep the Elephant Ivory trade. Brakeman 6 1718 May 28, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Brakeman