Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are all the same species..
We are all the same species..
 There is no god helping humans. There is no Jesus, or Allah or Yahweh or Buddha or Vishnu. But there are tons of decent human beings worldwide of all beliefs, whom I'd merely argue that our species ability to do good and be good is in us, as individuals. I have no desire as an atheist to force any religion out of existence. But would only argue to my fellow humans that if they can accept that others outside their sect, outside their religion, are as capable of being good and doing good, then my argument is, that our species morality is in OUR SPECIES, not old mythology.
RE: We are all the same species..
Looks like someone found the Briannip.
I've found that if you skin a person it's hard to tell what "race" he was.
I'm betting the human race.
Look at the booones!

Also grab a Coexist shirt. I think those are cool, even though I've never run across one for myself.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

[Image: A7339-EB0-E825-4-DE1-9128-67-F75-AADE529.jpg]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(July 20, 2019 at 8:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote:  There is no god helping humans. There is no Jesus, or Allah or Yahweh or Buddha or Vishnu. But there are tons of decent human beings worldwide of all beliefs, whom I'd merely argue that our species ability to do good and be good is in us, as individuals. I have no desire as an atheist to force any religion out of existence. But would only argue to my fellow humans that if they can accept that others outside their sect, outside their religion, are as capable of being good and doing good, then my argument is, that our species morality is in OUR SPECIES, not old mythology.

That's what I like about you, Brian - you always bring something fresh and different to the table.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 20, 2019 at 8:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I've found that if you skin a person it's hard to tell what "race" he was.

BUZZ KILL!

Damn it! You just gave away my recipe for barbecue humans.
I like to call the recipe soylent green.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 20, 2019 at 8:47 pm)=Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I've found that if you skin a person it's hard to tell what "race" he was.

But only a human would skin another to find out what race he is.

(July 20, 2019 at 8:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(July 20, 2019 at 8:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I've found that if you skin a person it's hard to tell what "race" he was.

BUZZ KILL!

Damn it! You just gave away my recipe for barbecue humans.

It’s no good.  Crispy crunch skin is what makes the barbecue.

(July 20, 2019 at 8:37 pm)Brian37 Wrote:  There is no god helping humans. There is no Jesus, or Allah or Yahweh or Buddha or Vishnu. But there are tons of decent human beings worldwide of all beliefs, whom I'd merely argue that our species ability to do good and be good is in us, as individuals. I have no desire as an atheist to force any religion out of existence. But would only argue to my fellow humans that if they can accept that others outside their sect, outside their religion, are as capable of being good and doing good, then my argument is, that our species morality is in OUR SPECIES, not old mythology.

It may be an worthy aspiration to take our morality without baggage.   It may be that morality would only reach their full potential to serve mankind if dispensed of its baggage. 

But it must be admitted that, up to now and to the degree morality has been able to serve its purpose, it has most frequently come to serve that purpose using mythology as its means of conveyance.

We can work out morality but we are by nature not moral beings.

So morality that provides greater good of all must often be made to seem to promise disproportionate and false reward for the individual for sufficient numbers of individual to act on that morality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10527 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Christianity is the same as Scientology Alex K 37 5633 April 9, 2017 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Alex K
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20830 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I don't exactly feel the same way I once did. Ryantology 18 2700 January 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12739 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God Foxaèr 52 13556 July 27, 2014 at 8:33 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Is "Islamophobia" the same as antisemitism? Mudhammam 20 2485 June 27, 2014 at 8:11 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Same source etc, but different religions ? Muslim Atheism 56 12350 June 23, 2014 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Exclamation Theism and Western atheism are on the same continuum. Both are realist. alwayson 165 58609 December 8, 2012 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: median
  Something all theists should all keep in mind. Creed of Heresy 67 28211 September 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet