Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fourth Kind
The Fourth Kind
Have just seen this film that purports to be based on factual accounts and personal experience and, although it was quite a good film, I'm would be very surprised if anyone was actually taken in by the films premise.

It starts with Milla Jovavich telling us that it is based on true stories and supposedly mixes in actual footage of interviews and police videos etc. However, these are so obviously faked that I'm amazed they actually got away with it as much as they did.

Has anyone else seen this? And what did you think?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: The Fourth Kind
(February 5, 2011 at 1:57 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Have just seen this film that purports to be based on factual accounts and personal experience and, although it was quite a good film, I'm would be very surprised if anyone was actually taken in by the films premise.

It starts with Milla Jovavich telling us that it is based on true stories and supposedly mixes in actual footage of interviews and police videos etc. However, these are so obviously faked that I'm amazed they actually got away with it as much as they did.

Has anyone else seen this? And what did you think?

Mila Jovovich? (there's no 'a') Is she naked? If so I'll watch. Otherwise probably not.

From wiki

Quote:The Fourth Kind is a 2009 American science-fiction thriller film, starring Milla Jovovich, Charlotte Milchard, Elias Koteas, Will Patton, and Mia McKenna-Bruce. The title is derived from the expansion of J. Allen Hynek's classification of close encounters with aliens, in which the fourth kind denotes alien abductions.

The film purports to be based on actual events occurring in Nome, Alaska in 2000, in which psychologist Dr. Abigail "Abbey" Tyler uses hypnosis to uncover memories from her patients of alien abduction, and finds evidence suggesting that she may have been abducted as well. The film has two components—dramatization, in which professional actors portray the individuals involved, and video footage purporting to show the actual victims undergoing hypnosis. (At some points in the film, the actual and dramatized footage is presented alongside each other in split-screen.) Throughout the film, Abbey is shown being interviewed on television at some point years after the events of 2000.

The film was a box office success, earning US$47.46 million worldwide, from an estimated $10 million budget.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind
Two words for ya, false memories. Hypnosis is the ideal enviroment for implanting all kinds of shit.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 6, 2011 at 6:49 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Two words for ya, false memories. Hypnosis is the ideal enviroment for implanting all kinds of shit.

Wait, are you talking about inception, because that takes strong sedatives and three levels of dreaming!