Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the outrage?
Where's the outrage?
The Dayton shooter is a Democrat.

Apparently he's a big fan of Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and antifa.....

Where's the outrage about their evil influence?

I'm gonna love the pretzel logic.....
RE: Where's the outrage?
(August 7, 2019 at 5:37 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The Dayton shooter is a Democrat.

What influence? Did they (Sanders and Warren) ever say anything to incite violence?

There was bound to be one sooner or later.

But there's a tremendous difference between actively inciting people (which is what Trump routinely does) and some fuckwit like the Dayton shooter glomming on to radical notions on his own.  Trying to fix blame on people like Warren and Sanders is kind of like trying to hold Jodie Foster responsible for shooting Ronald Reagan.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have not been encouraging violence (please do correct me if I'm wrong). He does not appear to have been motivated to shoot people because of his political views. Therefore, his position the political spectrum is irrelevant, because that's apparently not what influenced him to shoot at people. The shooter in El Paso was clearly racist and wanted to harm particular people. I hope that makes sense.

I have a little outrage in my pocket. I don't remember where I got it. But I can get it to you.

Point to me were either Bernie or Warren said or did anything to inspire this . As for Antifa which one ?
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I'm outraged. Some on the the Left are just as deluded about the acceptability or necessity of violence as those on the Right.

If they need violence to achieve their ends, fuck the Left and the Right. But nobody wants to say something so silly as "fuck the Left and the Right." The silliest thing about such a statement is that it would be best summed as: "fuck the corporate overlords" -- but nobody wants to say that. For the same reason that a battered prostitute would be apprehensive about saying 'I'd rather not kiss my pimp's ring.' For the same reason an ancient Roman slave would be apprehensive about saying, 'my master has no right to own me." The modern citizen is apprehensive about saying, "I ought to be free from both government and capitalism." And a modern citizen stating THAT is far more rare than a Roman abolitionist or a prostitute who thinks she can disobey or fail to genuflect when her pimp demands that she does.
(August 7, 2019 at 10:44 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I'm outraged. Some on the the Left are just as deluded about the acceptability or necessity of violence as those on the Right.

If they need violence to achieve their ends, fuck the Left and the Right. But nobody wants to say something so silly as "fuck the Left and the Right." The silliest thing about such a statement is that it would be best summed as: "fuck the corporate overlords" -- but nobody wants to say that. For the same reason that a battered prostitute would be apprehensive about saying 'I'd rather not kiss my pimp's ring.' For the same reason an ancient Roman slave would be apprehensive about saying, 'my master has no right to own me." The modern citizen is apprehensive about saying, "I ought to be free from both government and capitalism." And a modern citizen stating THAT is far more rare than a Roman abolitionist or a prostitute who thinks she can disobey or fail to genuflect when her pimp demands that she does.

Fuck the Left and the Right. Fuck the corporate overlords. There, I said it. What's my prize ? Cool 

I was with you about violence being found on left and right--antifa is right up there with right wing extremists in that department. And our corporate overlords are some of the most anti-democratic forces in society.
(August 7, 2019 at 10:49 pm)BryanS Wrote: Fuck the Left and the Right. Fuck the corporate overlords. There, I said it. What's my prize ? Cool 

You're prize is the utter aloneness one feels when he or she speaks the truth. If you have earned that prize, savor the bitter taste you have in your mouth. It is the only thing separating you from the sweet violence that baboons enjoy once they inflict pain upon one another.

Dominance is sweet. Victory is sweet. Unrequited violence is sugary. Pacifism is bitter and unrewarding. It hurts. It fails to satisfy. Do you crave the comfort of knowing your place in a hierarchy? Can you live without such comfort? These are the essential questions you must answer before you know if you are ripe for advancing the cause of justice.

You can't say: "Fuck the corporate overlords," without saying "I reject the corporate overlords."
Oh look, the Republican thinks he's clever! But in reality he's just a fucking moron.

Donald Trump encourages violence. He incites hatred and anger. When someone suggested shooting undocumented immigrants, he LAUGHED. So spare me your sanctimonious bullshit. Mango Mussolini has emboldened white supremacists in this country.

It's not about being a Trump supporter. It never was, and that you think it was just goes to show how stupid you really are. It's about what Trump encourages. If a Trump supporter goes and murders his wife because she's cheating on him, nobody's going to say "Trump caused this!" Do you understand why? Or are you too fucking dense to get that?

The ohio shooting was NOT politically motivated. It was NOT encouraged by Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren. If you can't understand that, maybe you should start over in Kindegarten. Cause this is shit my kindergarten aged grandchildren can understand. Why can't you?
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More Outrage From The Corporate Whores Minimalist 0 771 September 1, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dawkins sparks outrage for saying Down Syndrome babies should be aborted Napoléon 125 19408 August 26, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: pocaracas