Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's Daddy Fixation
Trump's Daddy Fixation
Trump inherited substantial money from his father, which use to parlay into an allegedly much greater fortune.  Yet he consistently downplays or ignores this inheritance, routinely claiming to be a 'self-made man'.

Trump inherited a substantially improved economy from Mr. Obama, which he has managed to parlay into political capital.  Yet he consistently downplays or ignores this inheritance, constantly claiming credit for economic improvements which were already underway before he became president.

Is Trump projecting his real daddy issues with his father onto Mr. Obama?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Trump's Daddy Fixation
How did President Trump get millions of dollars?

He started with billions...

Dodgy
(August 28, 2019 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Trump inherited substantial money from his father, which use to parlay into an allegedly much greater fortune.  Yet he consistently downplays or ignores this inheritance, routinely claiming to be a 'self-made man'.

Trump inherited a substantially improved economy from Mr. Obama, which he has managed to parlay into political capital.  Yet he consistently downplays or ignores this inheritance, constantly claiming credit for economic improvements which were already underway before he became president.

Boru

Trump isn't projecting daddy issues, he wants to be like his dad, a fucking jackass bully.
(August 28, 2019 at 7:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Trump inherited substantial money from his father, which use to parlay into an allegedly much greater fortune.  Yet he consistently downplays or ignores this inheritance, routinely claiming to be a 'self-made man'.

Boru

Trump isn't projecting daddy issues, he wants to be like his dad, a fucking jackass bully.

No, I think he IS projecting.  He's such a megalomaniac that he can't possibly accept than anyone else helped him with anything, ever.  Just as he denies the help he got from his father, he denies the help he got (and is getting) from Mr. Obama.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No, he hates Obama because Trump is a con-artist who realizes that hating Obama will make him popular among the Fox News Crowd.  You know the crowd that 5 years ago got mad that Obama wore a tan suit.  The crowd that were enraged at Obama not wearing a suit jacket while in the oval office (despite Reagan doing the same).  

I think it's often forgotten that Trump is a con-artist first and foremost.  It's his best skill.  He's a grifter, good at convincing people of what they want.  Not everyone, obviously, but just enough for him to gain power and abuse it as he wishes.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
(August 28, 2019 at 7:38 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 28, 2019 at 7:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Trump isn't projecting daddy issues, he wants to be like his dad, a fucking jackass bully.

No, I think he IS projecting.  He's such a megalomaniac that he can't possibly accept than anyone else helped him with anything, ever.  Just as he denies the help he got from his father, he denies the help he got (and is getting) from Mr. Obama.

Boru

He is projecting. Maybe I should agree with you on that, but disagree as to why.

His dad was a bully and an authoritarian. 

I have run into plenty of people in my past who have the same bullshit attitude "I did it all by myself" and "Fuck you I got mine"..... Trump is certainly of that ilk.

He doesn't deny the help he got from his father because he hated his father, he denies his  father's help because his father taught him to be an asshole bully.

Obama isn't like that. Obama has consistently said about his mother and father that he stands on their shoulders.

Lets put it to you this way. I am currently at the point in my life that I do not have to work because of what my late mother saved. I recognize that I did not do it all by myself. Trump is the asshole who would claim he had no help.
(August 28, 2019 at 11:24 pm)Cecelia Wrote: I think it's often forgotten that Trump is a con-artist first and foremost.  It's his best skill.  He's a grifter, good at convincing people of what they want.

Yes, this man is Master of the Stupid and Gullible. It should be his title. It's what he does.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I don't think I've ever heard any president give credit to their predecessor for inheriting a good economy.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 991 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36817 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3101 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4036 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1659 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1268 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32