Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hurricane updates.
My Hurricane updates.
5:09am Thurs

Outer bands hitting. Been watching the Weather Channel, good news is that the wind speeds shouldn't be that bad. I am expecting the power to go out at some point.
RE: My Hurricane updates.
(September 5, 2019 at 5:12 am)Brian37 Wrote: 5:09am Thurs

Outer bands hitting. Been watching the Weather Channel, good news is that the wind speeds shouldn't be that bad. I am expecting the power to go out at some point.

Be safe.  Do you have a generator?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 5, 2019 at 5:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Be safe.  Do you have a generator?

Boru

No, but I am betting the power will be back on by the end of Friday no later than Sat. I have a flashlight and reading material so. I have some canned food and lots of water. My cell is charged too.

Of course you bought several of those external cell phone chargers.
(September 5, 2019 at 5:42 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Of course you bought several of those external cell phone chargers.

As long as I don't use it it should keep. I've gone a couple of days without charging it. I don't use it that much.
(September 5, 2019 at 5:58 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 5, 2019 at 5:42 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Of course you bought several of those external cell phone chargers.

As long as I don't use it it should keep. I've gone a couple of days without charging it. I don't use it that much.

Call me if it dies completely. Hilarious

But seriously, they have chargers that use AA or AAA batteries. We keep two in the car and swap out batteries when we change the batteries in the smoke alarms.
Power was out for about 2 hours, just came back on, but still expect it to go out again
Stay safe. We just received a warning for tomorrow and Saturday.
These storms are no fun Sad
Illegitimi non carborundum
(September 5, 2019 at 9:18 am)Figbash Wrote: Stay safe. We just received a warning for tomorrow and Saturday.
These storms are no fun Sad

Where are you at?
10:45am power still on, we seem to be between bands, at least my area. Most of the heavy stuff right now is north, south and west of us. But that will change as the storm moves north. Good thing is they are projecting it to move more out to sea, all be it slowly. That should keep enough of the eye off us when it gets parallel to us.

Should be out of our hair sometime around 2am Friday.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hurricane Highway help... Brian37 5 460 September 21, 2018 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hurricane Cheeto Head chimp3 2 425 July 18, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Baby's First Hurricane rexbeccarox 35 3267 October 7, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Minimalist