Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do cigarettes cost?
What do cigarettes cost?
Not per pack.

Per lifetime - in medical costs.

Let's take a best guess number.

I have seen $1,000,000 thrown about.

What number do you believe?
RE: What do cigarettes cost?
I'd be dead now if I hadn't quit in '88. My lungs are a real shitshow. "Industrial chemicals" while in the Navy and growing up in the town with the very first asbestos plant. Final cost to me, my life, to the taxpayers, a shit ton more than they're currently paying.
(September 6, 2019 at 10:47 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Not per pack.

This is rich, for someone who cant accept the cost of the "arm more" bullshit" .

"Smoking is bad for you"...... NO SHIT.

So are handing guns out like candy.

After the Navy Yard shooting, one lady ER doctor was in front of the press saying, "Please put me out of business".
(September 6, 2019 at 11:13 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 6, 2019 at 10:47 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Not per pack.

This is rich, for someone who cant accept the cost of the "arm more" bullshit" .

"Smoking is bad for you"...... NO SHIT.

So are handing guns out like candy.

After the Navy Yard shooting, one lady ER doctor was in front of the press saying, "Please put me out of business".
Back to your bullshit lying - basement boy?

I have NEVER said " arm more".

But - you have said I said it,  countless times.

Now toddle the fuck off.

Grownups are talking and we don't need your one track distraction and disruption.
OLB:  The figure you mentioned seems reasonable.

Brian:  Stop.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 6, 2019 at 11:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: OLB:  The figure you mentioned seems reasonable.

Boru

It does seem reasonable - although I have no way at all of verifying it. I have however seen how quickly medical costs can add up - and if I were to guess - I would say it's a low number.

But let's assume it's right.

Now consider - there really isn't any other use of cigarettes than consuming them. They only have one use.

Now the consumer of this product is well aware of it's risks. Is it reasonable to expect the consumer to be responsible for the cigarettes use?
(September 6, 2019 at 11:32 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(September 6, 2019 at 11:22 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: OLB:  The figure you mentioned seems reasonable.

Boru

It does seem reasonable - although I have no way at all of verifying it. I have however seen how quickly medical costs can add up - and if I were to guess - I would say it's a low number.

But let's assume it's right.

Now consider - there really isn't any other use of cigarettes than consuming them. They only have one use.

Now the consumer of this product is well aware of it's risks. Is it reasonable to expect the consumer to be responsible for the cigarettes use?

Actually, you can make a pretty effective insecticide from tobacco.

How do you mean 'responsible'?  That they should use them responsibly or that they should bear the costs of using them?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
He's heading for gun ownership.
(September 6, 2019 at 11:54 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: He's heading for gun ownership.

You can stop as well.  There are plenty of active threads where you can debate guns.  This isn't one of them.

Boru
Thanks for being an excellent hall monitor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That' s What They Cost!! onlinebiker 12 1670 February 11, 2019 at 10:23 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Join My New Blog. won't Cost You Nothing. Rhondazvous 33 3510 May 16, 2016 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Cost of living, OP/ED........ Brian37 20 2964 February 14, 2015 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Electronic Cigarettes Paul the Human 17 4674 April 29, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biting article about the true cost of being open-minded. Rhizomorph13 2 1520 March 1, 2011 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Zen Badger