Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5:2
5:2
Has anyone else tried, and succeeded with the 5:2 diet and what benefits have you found?  Has your metabolism changed, have you lost weight, do you feel younger and healthier?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: 5:2
5 pretzels:2 beers? I ain't lost any weight that way!  Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I don't know what 5:2 is. I've tried intermittent fasting, which is basically not eating anything for 16 hours a day. Only from 12 pm to 8 pm. I don't really know if it worked all that well. If anything, it helped me control how much food I ate, even if I fell off the wagon from time to time. It certainly didn't replace exercise.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Tibs' dad and stepmom did it and loved it. They felt good. That's only two people, but there you have it.
I've been lucky in never having had a serious weight issue.  When I put on weight that I'm not comfortable with, I spend a few weeks eating less and moving more.  I know that's not an answer for everyone, so good luck with however you choose to manage your weight.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That diet sounds like it would play havoc with my cravings. I'm on the Ketogenic Diet and I could combine that diet with the 5:2 and would be fine. Once you get into ketosis you just don't need to eat, so skipping a meal or a few is no big deal. I've already lost 50 pounds then stopped dieting for a while because I wanted beer again. I'm back on it and am steadily losing although I would lose faster if I didn't push the metabolic pause button with whiskey and wine. The real problem is getting enough fat into your diet without also getting protein. Your macros should be 5% carb (Like by accident), 70% fat (holy shit!), and 25% Protein. You also have to be mindful of getting enough salt and water. I drink like a fish and eat pickles, smoked oysters, and sardines.
(September 15, 2019 at 8:43 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: The real problem is getting enough fat into your diet without also getting protein.

You can always drink some olive oil.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I had Google what 5.2 is.

I haven't tried thus type of fasting but fasting in general did work for me.

I posted in another diet thread about what I did and how I lost weight and how I gained it back.

Fasting worked with me, I lost weight. Plus I'm not even fat, I just wanted to get toned up and it worked. I think losing fat when you're not that fat is harder than if you're very over weight, that's my guess.

I had the advantage of being in emotional turmoil over a girl I liked plus having 2 weeks off work. I didn't even have an urge to eat for the first 4 days anyway, I ate blandly when I did eat, plain chicken and brocolli, stuff like that.

I don't think diets need to be as complicated or as organised as people make them. If you're emotionally driven enough and not bogged down practical things like work and other responsibilities it's just a natural conclusion that you will lose weight.

The one thing I was truly dedicated to was not eating before bed time, other than that my fasting times were fairly flexible, I was so driven the fasting times were always above 16 hours, the longest time being around 48 hours fasted.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(September 15, 2019 at 6:13 pm)Fireball Wrote: 5 pretzels:2 beers? I ain't lost any weight that way!  Tongue

I have 1,92 m high and under 90 kg, same diet. Perhaps different methabolisms.

(September 15, 2019 at 8:43 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: and sardines.

Imagine a barbecue, fresh sardines grilling, summer tomatos, with grilled peppers on a salad. take the sardine out and put it in a slice of bread when ready and pick it up with your fingers, and then oblige the cats with what you don't want. The bread will have to be hom nom nom.

I apologise, it's a Portuguese thing.