Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
Hey, guys! I've just made a video expressing my opinion about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and about American politics in general. That is my first YouTube video. Though I currently don't have Internet at home, I was able to upload it when my mother led me to a restorant with her friend - incidentally the only restaurant in the town with a WiFi hotspot. So, I stored that video onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, connected to the WiFi hotspot, and uploaded the video there.
https://youtu.be/ES5hAc2fLWU
So, what do you think about it?
RE: My Video about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
Didn't watch more than 1 minute. You should probably stick to Croat politics for now.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
TL;DW.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well, I did watch the video--in it's entirety.
You're welcome, btw!

A little smarmy, IMO, but you did manage touch on the ignorant, uninformed anti-nuclear stance of some Dems without coming off as a climate denier...Up until the end, at least. 
I can see how one might side-eye the info at the end where you spoke of the scientists who have theorized that the melting of glacier ice would eventually stall/stabilize atmospheric warming--and then casually glossed over the major chemistry changes to world's oceans and rising sea levels that would occur place before that might happen as if that would be no big deal. It came off as a little evasive and cringey, to be honest.
You would have done better to leave it at making the case for nuclear energy as clean energy when implemented wisely, and perhaps informing the audience as to it's potential as an extremely efficient (though not renewable) energy source that could drastically reduce dependency on imported fuel by rambling on about improving upon breeder/fast breeder reactors or something like that instead.

As an unaffiliated voter and ordinary citizen who is not a scientist (or former bartender), I would give the a vid a C- I guess. 
Don't know what the equivalent of a C- is in Croatia. Sorry.

Here is the U.S., it means you most definitely dropped the ball to a degree, but still produced passable work.
Barely. Big Grin
The video and audio quality isn't the greatest man.

And, while the Green New Deal sounds great on paper, most of it will probably not come to fruition any time soon.

Despite AOC's unwarranted optimism, asking, "Who is going to pay for all of this?" is a legitimate question that needs answered. And AOC's line about paying people unwilling to work was preposterous. It was on her website for some time and was found on documents that were leaked to reporters and news organizations. Of course, she had to do major damage control because of this, but one has to ask, Why even include a line like that in the first place?

Regardless of that, the Green New Deal sounds good. But sounding good and doing good are two different things.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Dude. Your videos have the video quality of a 60's Russian cartoon. Try harder.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 22, 2019 at 8:12 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Dude. Your videos have the video quality of a 60's Russian cartoon. Try harder.
And what reasonably affordable technologies would you use to make a YouTube video?
(September 22, 2019 at 11:46 am)wyzas Wrote: Didn't watch more than 1 minute. You should probably stick to Croat politics for now.

You are suggesting me posting what I think about Vukovar under my real name?
(September 22, 2019 at 10:39 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: Hey, guys! I've just made a video expressing my opinion about Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and about American politics in general. That is my first YouTube video. Though I currently don't have Internet at home, I was able to upload it when my mother led me to a restorant with her friend - incidentally the only restaurant in the town with a WiFi hotspot. So, I stored that video onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, connected to the WiFi hotspot, and uploaded the video there.
https://youtu.be/ES5hAc2fLWU
So, what do you think about it?

Early in the video you make a couple of claims, and I'd like to check where you get this information. 

First, you say that the Green New Deal will take away people's ability to use fossil fuels. Is this statement based on any specific policy proposals? Has anyone seriously proposed that gasoline, for example, will become illegal? Or is the idea just to reduce demand and encourage alternatives where possible? 

Then you say that traditional sources of energy will be eliminated without anything sufficient being done for a replacement. If that's true, it's of course a bad thing. But it also seems like the kind of thing anyone making a plan would notice and address. How do you know that one thing would be taken away before something else was available? Doesn't it seem likely that a plan would be phased in? 

I mean, as AOC has presented the plan, it is very conscious of working people's lives. The idea is to implement environmentally friendly changes without harming jobs. So any sane planner would make sure that people driving to work wouldn't suddenly lose the ability to use their transportation. 

It's still early days, and I'm sure that most of the specifics are still fuzzy. It's possible that much of what they're imagining is impossible. But your criticisms are very specific, and seem unlikely to be something they'd be planning on. 

For the record, I think most Americans want big changes, and would support a good plan. If it's implemented by a Neoliberal like Obama it would surely fail, because it would need to satisfy the corporations. It's possible that the corporations have so much power that no deal is possible, and capitalism will be unstoppable until we all die. But I don't think that's what most of us want.
(September 23, 2019 at 4:25 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(September 22, 2019 at 11:46 am)wyzas Wrote: Didn't watch more than 1 minute. You should probably stick to Croat politics for now.

You are suggesting me posting what I think about Vukovar under my real name?

I'm saying glass houses. Take care of your own first.

Example: https://www.telegraf.rs/uncategorized/1567053-10-of-the-biggest-problems-in-croatia-do-you-still-think-its-better-there-than-in-serbia
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.