Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Freddy Mercury be replaced?
Can Freddy Mercury be replaced?
Rhetorical question. NO!

But, Watching the Global Citizen festival tonight, Adam Lambert did a great job singing with Queen as the headlining band. What was really impressive to me and made me feel young was seeing all the youth singing along with the old people like me who grew up with Queen. 

For those who do not know, Adam Lambert was a runner up on the talent show American Idol. Queen hooked up with him and now Queen is keeping Freddy's music alive. I can remember buying the album "News Of The World" through Columbia Music through the mail. Back then it was on vinyl. 

And another lady I was impressed with was "H.E.R" which was hard to describe, she and Alisha Keys sang "Dream On" by Aerosmith. 

John Batiste lead's the Cobert Late Show band and he played  with Carole King.
RE: Can Freddy Mercury be replaced?
(September 28, 2019 at 10:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Rhetorical question. NO!

But, Watching the Global Citizen festival tonight, Adam Lambert did a great job singing with Queen as the headlining band. What was really impressive to me and made me feel young was seeing all the youth singing along with the old people like me who grew up with Queen. 

For those who do not know, Adam Lambert was a runner up on the talent show American Idol. Queen hooked up with him and now Queen is keeping Freddy's music alive. I can remember buying the album "News Of The World" through Columbia Music through the mail. Back then it was on vinyl. 

And another lady I was impressed with was "H.E.R" which was hard to describe, she and Alisha Keys sang "Dream On" by Aerosmith. 

John Batiste lead's the Cobert Late Show band and he played  with Carole King.
Nostalgia is an industry.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

For a change I agree with some of your musical taste.

Adam Lambert is someone I really enjoyed on one of the few seasons of American Idol that I followed. My opinion on him is that he is a great cover singer and has a wonderful ability to arrange songs in interesting new ways that work well. He has a nice clear voice with great range. I am not as impressed with his stuff - covers seems to be his niche.

No one will ever be a replacement for Freddie Mercury but Adam Lambert does a good job of helping Queen stay a marketable band. Some members of the band even performed with him when he was on AI and I figure if they were impressed enough with him to take him on than who am I to question it. There have been a lot worse choices in the music world for people taking the place of band members who have died or otherwise left a group.

I don't know who HER is but Alicia Keys is amazing. I have liked her since she first made her mark. My husband and I have little overlap in our tastes in music but her first album is one we both like - which surprised me because it's pretty far away from his usual choice in music.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Eat your heart out...

I worked for one of the larger mall music stores back in 1978 and we sold all concert tickets. (No Ticketron back then)

Because of this - we got some nice perks - including free stage and backstage passes to all concerts.

I took my girlfriend to see Queen and we got stageside seats. ( no backstage that time). 

Small venue - 5000 seats.

Quite an experience.
Reminds me of the story about Thomas Jefferson taking over from Benjamin Franklin as the US Minister to France.  Someone at the French court asked him, 'Are you here to replace Dr. Franklin?' to which Jefferson replied, 'I come to succeed him.  No one can replace him.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 29, 2019 at 12:15 am)arewethereyet Wrote: For a change I agree with some of your musical taste.

Adam Lambert is someone I really enjoyed on one of the few seasons of American Idol that I followed.  My opinion on him is that he is a great cover singer and has a wonderful ability to arrange songs in interesting new ways that work well.  He has a nice clear voice with great range.  I am not as impressed with his stuff - covers seems to be his niche.

No one will ever be a replacement for Freddie Mercury but Adam Lambert does a good job of helping Queen stay a marketable band.  Some members of the band even performed with him when he was on AI and I figure if they were impressed enough with him to take him on than who am I to question it.  There have been a lot worse choices in the music world for people taking the place of band members who have died or otherwise left a group.

I don't know who HER is but Alicia Keys is amazing.  I have liked her since she first made her mark.  My husband and I have little overlap in our tastes in music but her first album is one we both like - which surprised me because it's pretty far away from his usual choice in music.

Come on now, this is Tom Vs Jerry, Spy Vs Spy, Ford vs Chevy, Star Wars Vs Star Trek.

Larz from Metallica announced on stage last night that they would be playing at next year's festival. I am so looking forward to watching that.