Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refuting Theistic Argument
Wink 
Refuting Theistic Argument
How to refute my theistic friends, who always talk to me, that I cannot prove the non-existence of God!
RE: Refuting Theistic Argument
You can’t prove god doesn’t exist.

Any more than they can prove it does.

The bible is only proof that people wrote the bible.

Their “proofs” usually amount to arguments from ignorance or personal claims.

They also can’t prove that other gods don’t exist.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm)Ricardo Wrote: How to refute my theistic friends, who always talk to me, that I cannot prove the non-existence of God!

What's wrong with the replies you've already been given? I'm referring to the other sites you're spamming the same crap.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
mere coincidence
Tell them they "just need faith" that god doesn't exist.

It's only fair....

That's what they're going to say when you ask for proof that their god does exist.
(October 4, 2019 at 3:43 pm)Ricardo Wrote: How to refute my theistic friends, who always talk to me, that I cannot prove the non-existence of God!

Well, I do not exist really, I am just your imagination and for the women on the forum, a wet dream Big Grin

It's not up to you to refute their claims.

They are the ones claiming that gods exist, it is up to them to meet their burden of proof.

If they do not meet it, you are completely justified in disbelieving their theistic claims.

Atheism is NOT the claim that a god doesn't exist, it is the disbelief that a god does exist. Some atheists make the claim that a god does not exist, and they do bear the burden of proof. But in a debate, there is no need to defend that position (unless one wants to).

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

A "god" would have come up with more interesting and stimulating sexy bits that it stuck on people.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 4, 2019 at 4:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote:

Well, I do not exist really, I am just your imagination and for the women on the forum, a wet dream Big Grin

(October 4, 2019 at 5:00 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:

It's not up to you to refute their claims.

They are the ones claiming that gods exist, it is up to them to meet their burden of proof.

If they do not meet it, you are completely justified in disbelieving their theistic claims.

Atheism is NOT the claim that a god doesn't exist, it is the disbelief that a god does exist. Some atheists make the claim that a god does not exist, and they do bear the burden of proof. But in a debate, there is no need to defend that position (unless one wants to).
but how can they prove it? using the scientific method? Proving God exists is impossible! do you agree with me? FSM Grin

Use this line:
Prove to me Zeus does not exist, and I will use the same method against your god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would this spark a theistic curiousity? Won2blv 7 638 September 9, 2023 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 6974 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Best Theistic Arguments ShirkahnW 251 50897 July 8, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  ☢The Theistic Response➼ to Atheists saying, "It Doesn't mean God Did it" The Joker 195 22684 November 24, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Refuting Christians with their Own Bible Incognito 307 31043 July 7, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  My anti-theistic perspective Foxaèr 122 15513 February 4, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Theistic argument awards 2015 Heat 20 4801 December 26, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Deconstructing Dawkins' Spectrum of Theistic Probability mralstoner 0 1295 December 23, 2015 at 1:35 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  In need of a more humbleness. Why condemning the Theistic position makes no sense. Mystic 141 24042 September 22, 2014 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Chas
  Refuting argument from resurrection. tor 6 1862 April 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin