Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your morning ritual?
What's your morning ritual?
What's your morning ritual? Do you have one?

The benefits of a morning ritual are well-documented... and books like The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg have talked in detail about how changing small habits can lead to bigger, beneficial lifestyles changes. In essence, it's pretty hard to just decide to change one day... so you have to sort of "hack your brain" and make small changes to your daily behaviors that can eventually lead to bigger change.

One of the most beneficial things I use in my life is a morning routine... Even if I'm waking up to doing nothing all day, I make sure to complete my daily wake-up routine.

For example... in the morning, as soon as I get out of bed, I immediately:

Make my bed
Do 20 pushups
Drink about 16 oz of water (which actually wakes me up much better than coffee)
Read from my daily devotional... I use this one

Do you guys have a morning routine?

If so, what is it?
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: What's your morning ritual?
1. Panic.
2. Hide the bodies -again.
3. Wash all evidence with bleach.
1.  Wake up.
2.  Regret step #1.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Get up. Get all the way up. Keep trying to get up.

Fuck it.
1. Wake up because birds are too noisy.
2. Walk into kitchen and bang bird cage threatening to cut their fucking heads off if they don't shut up.
3. Turn around and have same conversation with cat.
4. Make coffee and drink.
5. Turn into a human being.
6. Feed annoying pets.

I taught my pets that morning was the Grim Reaper time.
Quite the productive mornings all of you have Tongue
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Yeah, because there's a thirty year age gap between you and everyone else that's responded to this thread so far.
When I was your age I would roll over onto my girlfriend and do 400 pushups, at least. :-)

I was only kidding... but um, okay congratulations LOL
Yeah, I'm only kidding too.
It's fun, isn't it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to tell it's morning... Gawdzilla Sama 22 3911 September 22, 2017 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Joods
  Woke up this morning to no water pressure. Brian37 18 2681 August 9, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Having Surgery in the Morning Rhondazvous 65 6970 August 3, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Rhondazvous Interviewed on MTSLove Radio This Morning Rhondazvous 17 3047 June 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  We let Popeye go this morning popeyespappy 47 8156 August 21, 2013 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Baby Burned Alive: Chile Arrests 4 Accused Of Killing Child For Being 'Antichrist' In Ritual Sacrifice Gooders1002 2 1840 April 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Good Morning! thesummerqueen 13 4231 October 6, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Morning Routines Tiberius 32 7333 April 3, 2012 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
Thumbs Up Top of the morning Jay1982 5 1849 November 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  A Little Wednesday Morning Humour :) Kyuuketsuki 11 3626 December 30, 2008 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc