Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone understand Trumps base?
Does anyone understand Trumps base?
I have tried so hard since the man started running to find out why someone would support this idiot. I get it, people have their guy, or girl they support in Politics. But Trump seems to be a special case. His base seems to have unshakable faith. Even people left Obama, Bush and Clinton. But Trump supporters for some reason have this cult like love for Trump. I really don't get it. How can someone come out and say they support this man when it's blatantly obvious he is a major piece of shit? Heck, even my boomer parents who are life-long Republicans hate the guy with a passion. So I don't think it's really a republican thing. 

Not to mention so many people keep making excuses for him.  I even heard someone say that Trump is a good Christian man and God is somehow working through him. I also recently heard someone on my local radio talk about the story that came out a few weeks ago where Trump suggested to shoot immigrants. The talk show host was talking like how Trump is just "messing around" or he even tried rationalize it saying that Trump is just showing his genius. 

NO FUCK HEAD! TRUMP IS NOT A FUCKING GENIUS! HE IS A MENTALLY UNSTABLE HUMAN BEING AND IS A MAJOR PIECE OF SHIT OF A HUMAN BEING! 
RE: Does anyone understand Trumps base?
Sure. White grievance and the politics of spite.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 5, 2019 at 9:30 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Sure.  White grievance and the politics of spite.

What exactly do you mean? That they are a scared of brown people?
Well, they're told to be, and I'm sure that some of them are...but, no.

White grievance can manifest itself in tons of ways. Currently, it's the notion..held by a majority of white americans, that white people suffer from greater and greater discrimination, and have somehow lost ground to minorities, who reap the majority of societal benefit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Conservatism exists in every religion in the world. It is the fear of change and politicians prey upon that fear.
Not all Trump supporters are racists, but if you're a racist, you're probably a Trump supporter.

I think GB nailed it. From what I've read, white people are feeling put upon, and Trump is playing on that resentment.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 5, 2019 at 9:49 am)Brian37 Wrote: Conservatism exists in every religion in the world. It is the fear of change and politicians prey upon that fear.

In this case, the fear of demographic change.  The browns are invading -our- country, and will soon outnumber -us-. The fear of a more representative electorate. That white males are losing their seats in positions of power.

They think that you dems are race traitors, and that non trumpist reps are cucks....in so many other words.
Easy-peasy!

The answer is Hate.
Just fill in the blank with your selected target of choice:

women
black people
brown people
moose-lambs
the gays
liberals
Illegitimi non carborundum
(November 5, 2019 at 10:03 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: In this case, the fear of demographic change.  The browns are invading -our- country, and will soon outnumber -us-.  The fear of a more representative electorate.  That white males are losing their seats in positions of power.  

They think that you dems are race traitors, and that non trumpist reps are cucks....in so many other words.

^^^^
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, the final product is pretty much in our faces - it's our need to think differently of people (and especially people related to us, lol) that makes us balk at the obvious.

I'd say the deeper dive, the thing that takes explanation, is how white supremacist propaganda went mainstream with a bunch of people who can't all be paste eaters. We could call it the american undercurrent, always prevalent, but that doesn't explain what reinforcing set of circumstances went into making it overt.

It is true that what stands in for "real america" in the hearts of those people has been left to rot on the vine. The white grievance fantasy attaches itself to a factual decline. The fantasy is not in lesser circumstance, but in attributing it to some external cause of the racial other (or the allies of the racial other).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump base and malding syndrome Woah0 3 265 August 26, 2022 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Help Me Understand This BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1117 January 14, 2022 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I don't understand.... GODZILLA 6 966 July 7, 2019 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump's Base is Possibly Growing Yonadav 66 3516 February 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Trumps press conference....eek! Dancefortwo 14 839 September 27, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2248 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah...Trumps bigotry isn't hurting us at all GODZILLA 15 2163 May 20, 2018 at 8:08 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Another dick can't understand the oath of office.... Brian37 14 2715 March 12, 2018 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: rskovride
  Trumps 30% tariff on imported solar panels Coveny 27 2800 February 1, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I really don't understand NuclearEnergy 15 5471 July 4, 2017 at 9:45 am
Last Post: TheBeardedDude