Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To US Veterans...
To US Veterans...
I don't see where this has been mentioned on the board...today is Veterans' Day in the US and I would like to take a moment in the midst of the madness in this country to thank all those who gave of their time, and often more, in service to the country.

In my short couple years as a soldier I was never in danger but was in a support role training for the possibility of needing to keep a combat communications center operational.  That training was my first experience with anything computer-y.  I met great people, learned a lot about a lot of different things, challenged myself mentally and physically, and am glad I played a small part.

Forget Trump for a minute and say thank you to a veteran.  Chances are if you aren't one someone in you life was or is.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

RE: To US Veterans...
Don’t blame the soldiers for the wars they fight in. Blame the politicians.

Support the troops.
Dying to live, living to die.
T/Y on behalf of those who aren't here today.
I’d like to thank everyone who refused to fight and encourage young Americans to avoid the armed forces like the plague. Please, don’t fight for our “freedom”. You haven’t helped one iota since the 1940’s. 25 years from now we’re going to be going on a century of worthless military endeavors. Really, thanks but no thanks.
(November 11, 2019 at 9:55 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: I’d like to thank everyone who refused to fight and encourage young Americans to avoid the armed forces like the plague. Please, don’t fight for our “freedom”. You haven’t helped one iota since the 1940’s. 25 years from now we’re going to be going on a century of worthless military endeavors. Really, thanks but no thanks.

Piss Off!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Be easy on the five.
Five is seven higher than its IQ.
(November 11, 2019 at 9:55 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: I’d like to thank everyone who refused to fight and encourage young Americans to avoid the armed forces like the plague. Please, don’t fight for our “freedom”. You haven’t helped one iota since the 1940’s. 25 years from now we’re going to be going on a century of worthless military endeavors. Really, thanks but no thanks.
I fought so you could say that. You're welcome.
(November 11, 2019 at 11:04 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
I fought so you could say that. You're welcome.

What military operation safe guarded my first amendment rights?
(November 11, 2019 at 11:12 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote:
(November 11, 2019 at 11:04 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I fought so you could say that. You're welcome.

What military operation safe guarded my first amendment rights?

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign or domestic. You sound like an upstairs maid to me.
(November 11, 2019 at 11:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 11, 2019 at 11:12 pm)CarveTheFive Wrote: What military operation safe guarded my first amendment rights?

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign or domestic. You sound like an upstairs maid to me.

Do you think I benefitted in some way because you took an oath?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's an asshat that really knows how to disrespect the military and veterans Jackalope 35 3690 October 13, 2017 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger