Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another mass shooting.
Another mass shooting.
This time in a HS in CA. 

Why should this be a "new normal". America has to stop letting firearm CEOs put profits above public safety.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local...19052.html
RE: Another mass shooting.
It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: a0c320c2ed3e441009f3e7a9c371ad9c.jpg]
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Not enough dead to post a "take a shot" meme. And just so we're absolutely clear, when I mean "A measure of alcohol, usually spirits, as taken either from a shot-glass or directly from the bottle, equivalent to about 44 milliliters; 1.5 ounces." The mass murder threshhold hasn't been breached, so this particular rule for America: The Drinking Game isn't in effect yet.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 14, 2019 at 12:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This time in a HS in CA. 

Why should this be a "new normal". America has to stop letting firearm CEOs put profits above public safety.

You think there is one simple solution to a complex issue.

Bless your heart.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 14, 2019 at 2:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs. It's not the CEOs.

Boru

IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS, IT IS THE CEOS!

Nadar, "Your cars suck"

Auto industry, "You hate me!"

Nadar, "No, I simply think some things are more important than profit".

Auto industry, "COMMUNIST!"

(November 14, 2019 at 2:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 12:45 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This time in a HS in CA. 

You think there is one simple solution to a complex issue.

Bless your heart.

I never claimed the problem was not complex.  It is needlessly complex yes, and nobody should claim it will be easy considering the obstruction coming from the right. But again, if your goal is to reduce firearm violence, doing the hard thing is still the right thing to do.

Yes it is complex, but only because one side has their head up their ass.
Gun manufacturers, and their ceos, would very much like to sell you a brand new gun that has a bunch of nifty biometric safety features that could prevent mass shootings. Guns sold previously aren't padding their quarterly reports in the present, and guns that lack these newer features don't command the same price as guns which possess them.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 3:18 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Gun manufacturers, and their ceos, would very much like to sell you a brand new gun that has a bunch of nifty biometric safety features that could prevent mass shootings.  Guns sold previously aren't padding their quarterly reports in the present, and guns that lack these newer features don't command the same price as guns which possess them.

I wish I could lend them as much credit as you are, but no.

The firearm CEOs use the same divide and conquer tactics as big tobacco and the fossil fuel industry.

Greed is the same no matter the product. Unfortunately, as compassionate as my species can be, and I wish more would gravitate to, our species still has far too much of an element who values greed and bullying.
Credit, the fuck are talking about? I'm telling you that their craven pursuit of profits is all you would need to know to understand why you're barking up the wrong tree. There's no money, for them, in mass shootings or the guns that get used in mass shootings.

The only money in guns, from a gun manufacturers perspective, are guns that have not yet been bought or used, and guns that can command a greater price than those which already have been. As Laozi put it, it's the empty space that makes a bowl useful.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 3:18 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Gun manufacturers, and their ceos, would very much like to sell you a brand new gun that has a bunch of nifty biometric safety features that could prevent mass shootings.  Guns sold previously aren't padding their quarterly reports in the present, and guns that lack these newer features don't command the same price as guns which possess them.

I wish I could lend them as much credit as you are, but no.

The firearm CEOs use the same divide and conquer tactics as big tobacco and the fossil fuel industry.

Greed is the same no matter the product. Unfortunately, as compassionate as my species can be, and I wish more would gravitate to, our species still has far too much of an element who values greed and bullying.

And yet, you drink beer.  Alcohol-related deaths in the US outpace gun-related deaths by almost 200%.  Are the CEOs of alcohol-producing companies responsible for this?  If so, why aren't you railing against people who produce alcohol?  Or tobacco? Or junk food?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26977 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 12547 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6100 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 291 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5828 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5799 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 15361 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2798 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1357 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2371 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama