Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just joining
Just joining
Hello, atheists (mostly, I guess). I am not an atheist, but I might be close to agnostic. I received a Jesuit education, which means I was taught to be a skeptic about orthodoxy.

Anyway, after reviewing several posts here I concluded that most of you are more intelligent and honest than every single right-wing Christian I know and I would probably learn more from you than from most forums. Sadly, I do not have a lot of free time to hang out on a regular basis.

Speaking of right-wing Christians, I think they are evil and are destroying America. (They would destroy other countries too if they had more influence in them.) I recently started a blog in which I make fun of their stupid ideas, but while pretending to be one (drawing inspiration from Stephen Colbert). Check it out at http://www.whatwouldamericanjesusdo.com and let me know what you think.

For what it's worth, I'll probably hang out in the "humor" section the most.
RE: Just joining
Welcome from OZ

All here are from diverse science bakgrounds...endless happy reading and information to be found here along with the humour (some of it very lame).

By all means argue your point (no matter what it is) state your evidence, keep the language tidy (no need for political correctness) and just DON'T PREACH!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Just joining
Feel welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie !! My reason for joining Gnosis 17 4397 May 13, 2013 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question Joining just for advice, really Gravesy 11 2985 January 5, 2013 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I just registered just now! Emma_Hates_Islam 46 11958 December 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Happy UnBeliever
Wink Christian joining :P solarwave 25 6503 September 30, 2009 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: solarwave