Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foodstamps
Foodstamps
So Trump cut the assistance of “able-bodied” and able bodied is used very loosely mind you. When there disabled people working sub minimum wage job below the poverty line. This is deliberate malice. And there’s really no reason for it other that cruelty. Yeah the true welfare queens Walmart, and Amazon and their buddies are sucking this country dry. I’m fucking tired of near starving. While corporations live high off the hog.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/201...really-do/
RE: Foodstamps
When things are such a way for such a long time, people think it is normal to live like that.

The only thing that is going to make a significant change for the better is a revolution.
(December 12, 2019 at 2:13 am)Fierce Wrote: When things are such a way for such a long time, people think it is normal to live like that.

The only thing that is going to make a significant change for the better is a revolution.
If I may quote Daenerys Targaryen “I don’t want to stop the wheel. I want to break the wheel.”
(December 12, 2019 at 2:13 am)Fierce Wrote: When things are such a way for such a long time, people think it is normal to live like that.

Certain people are working to make things happen. Luckily we don't have to depend on the likes of clowns like Antifa.

To reply to the OP:

It's something I've known more than one person to depend on. A young woman I attended college classes with depended on food stamps and govt assistance for a few years, in some form or another, and it allowed her to pursue her education to become a nurse. She successfully did so, and couldn't have done so without the help of govt assistance. It's bizarre that some people are unable to see that others truly need help, and are not just looking to "live off the government," though, plenty of those types do exist.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
One bad apple spoils the bunch.
Can't say I'm surprised.  Trump hates people in general and poor people in particular.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 12, 2019 at 5:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Can't say I'm surprised.  Trump hates people in general and poor people in particular.

Boru

Which makes the irony of them voting for him because "he isn't a politician" even sweeter... In a terrible sort of way.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
Good news is this might push Kentucky over to a blue state.
This could hurt me, as I rely on food stamps. I can do work, if I can find it, but I have poor hearing and eyesight, and a few other mental hang-ups. Politicians get paid off to give the rich tax cuts and subsidies, but they know they need money to run the country, so they have to go after the poor and middle class. Which is pretty much the opposite of how it should be.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Poor people need to get it together. Economic oppression trumps everything else and economic freedom solves almost every other kind of disenfranchisement. No ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation should take priority over economic oppression. It’s still, now more than ever maybe, a CLASS struggle. Everything else is a very distant third.