Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What?!
What?!
I found this article by Anonymous for the Voiceless and fuck this person. Does anyone else object to disabled people having service animals? To quite honest no matter what, I’m this life you will serve someone or something. Might as well be happy to serve.

https://www.facebook.com/111805341155022...03739/?d=n

Do we condone the use of “service animals”—for example, guide dogs and police dogs? Is the use of service animals vegan? And moreover, is it ethical?

Firstly, we have to understand what veganism is. The default position of veganism—and indeed anti-speciesism—is to reject the use of non-human animals. And while it’s a wonderful feeling to create a bond with and receive love from an animal, we need to be clear that no animal owes us anything.

Many people argue that guide dogs and such are “treated well” and that there is a special bond between a service animal and their human companion, but veganism is not about treatment, and it never has been. Rather, veganism aims to abolish the use of animals throughout society, regardless of welfare, treatment, love, or anything else. In the same way that identifying as a backyard-egg eater furthers the perception of chickens as “food sources,” the idea of “service animals” promotes exactly what that name suggests: animals are here to serve us.

In any case, with animal use DOES come harm. The guide-dog industry, for example, is a cruel and exploitative industry, in which female dogs have their reproductive systems exploited for their puppies before the puppies are taken from them and trained to be guide dogs. Puppies “unfit” to be guide dogs are often sent off to shelters and, should no one wish to home them, eventually killed.

With regards to use of police and military dogs, dogs are put in the face of danger (including extreme jobs, such as bomb sniffing) and risk their lives without their consent. Essentially, these animals are forced down a path they did not choose.

So do we NEED to use service animals? The answer is absolutely not, even including cases of severely blind people. Service animals absolutely are a WANT and not a need, and blind people who live without guide dogs—as well as police departments that do their jobs without dog units—are proof of this. And depending on the reason for a service animal, there are human or technological alternatives, so just as we continue to create vegan versions of foods and products, the replacements for service animals will also continue to evolve the more we focus on an anti-speciesist world.

To summarize: Animals could be treated in the least physically abusive ways possible, and that wouldn’t change the fact that they are individuals with their own lives and don’t exist for our benefit. Grasping this, we cannot overlook the concept of service animals.
RE: What?!
You are reading the rantings of someone with too much time and too little knowledge on their hands.

There are always going to be extremists on every topic. Don't waste your time letting such ignorance take up space in your head.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The ramblings of an entitled piece of shit that has never interacted with a human that needs a service animal. Best to ignore.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think I've said this before; you can think through the implications of the things you believe as much as you like, but if those implications simply are not compatible with life on Earth, then you'll need to modify your beliefs.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(December 21, 2019 at 8:41 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: To summarize: Animals could be treated in the least physically abusive ways possible, and that wouldn’t change the fact that they are individuals with their own lives and don’t exist for our benefit. Grasping this, we cannot overlook the concept of service animals.

They forget the longest standing alliace in the world, mankind and dogs. Cats it's more a dictatorship. They are a need. Here in Portugal dogs aren't allowed inside restaurants etc, except service dogs, usually for blind people. These extremist vegans need to work to have their hands busy. Its sunday, pigs are going to meet death, and we have no vegans. Why? Its a stormy day. They are all in their hay huts fo sho.
One has to wonder if Anonymous for the Voiceless would feel the same way if s/he were suddenly struck blind.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 22, 2019 at 6:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: One has to wonder if Anonymous for the Voiceless would feel the same way if s/he were suddenly struck blind.

Boru
People like this I want to blindfold and then push in traffic