Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mawlid
Mawlid
For our muslim members I'd like to say happy Mawlid.
V.I. Lenin Wrote:The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.
RE: Mawlid
Thanks, but I don't celebrate the Prophet's birthday (Mawlid). We are not supposed to do anything special on his birthday.
(February 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Thanks, but I don't celebrate the Prophet's birthday (Mawlid). We are not supposed to do anything special on his birthday.
In Turkey we eat these (with tea of course)
[Image: kandil_simidi.jpg]
people gather at evening at elder's house (like eid) and some mosques makes special Quran reading nights after last salah.
V.I. Lenin Wrote:The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.
Funny that the "Birthday of your Prophet" coincides with an agricultural process involving sheep & goats.

But have a great day anyway Angel
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm)Rayaan Wrote: Thanks, but I don't celebrate the Prophet's birthday (Mawlid). We are not supposed to do anything special on his birthday.

Your religion sounds more and more boring the more I learn about it. So you don't celebrate the birth of the person who bought you the word of god? And when you do celebrate you just starve yourselves for a month. It's a non stop party being a muslim aint it?!
Mawlid has butt sex with the Prophet Muhammad.

(Did I make you Muslims mad?) Angel
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(February 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm)muhtesem insan Wrote: For our muslim members I'd like to say happy Mawlid.

Why?

(February 15, 2011 at 9:06 pm)padraic Wrote:
(February 14, 2011 at 2:19 pm)muhtesem insan Wrote: For our muslim members I'd like to say happy Mawlid.

Why?

Exactly. Religious holidays only aid the brainwashing.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(February 15, 2011 at 5:55 am)Skipper Wrote:

Your religion sounds more and more boring the more I learn about it. So you don't celebrate the birth of the person who bought you the word of god? And when you do celebrate you just starve yourselves for a month. It's a non stop party being a muslim aint it?!

Actually,Islam has some great holidays/celebrations:

The end of Ramadan is a beaut, PLUS, some countries remember 9/11 with almost as much relish as the original event,when there was actually dancing in the streets.I shit you not.Devil
(February 15, 2011 at 5:55 am)Skipper Wrote: Your religion sounds more and more boring the more I learn about it. So you don't celebrate the birth of the person who bought you the word of god? And when you do celebrate you just starve yourselves for a month. It's a non stop party being a muslim aint it?!

Who said my religion is all party and games?

Also, it's not that hard to fast for 12 hours. We don't really starve ourselves. If we have the intention and the determination to do it, and remember that we will be rewarded for the fasting, then it becomes easier for us make it through the whole month without feeling too much hungry. After the fasting month is over, the Muslims become both spiritually and physically more energized than before.

(February 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm)muhtesem insan Wrote: In Turkey we eat these (with tea of course)

Do YOU celebrate Mawlid? If so, then why do celebrate it if you're an atheist? Is it similar to how some atheists like to celebrate Christmas?