Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Works for you.
Works for you.
Name me the former NFL player who went on to star in an 80s cop drama whose catch phrase was "Works for me".

Not only name me the actor, but NFL team he played for and his position.
RE: Works for you.
Hunter
Fred Dyer
DE
Rams and Giants
(January 30, 2020 at 7:31 pm)no one Wrote: Hunter
Fred Dyer
DE
Rams and Giants

Yes, Fred was the TV version of Dirty Harry.

There was an episode where DD McCall joked about him not knowing anything about pro football.
Name another NFL player who also appeared in a cop show.  No catch phrase, but he was a running back for three different teams, scored 13 touchdowns over six seasons, and played in back-to-back Superbowls.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 30, 2020 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Name another NFL player who also appeared in a cop show.  No catch phrase, but he was a running back for three different teams, scored 13 touchdowns over six seasons, and played in back-to-back Superbowls.

Boru

Thank you super contrarian. Your cape is massive. 

Pretty sure cameos are common in pop culture.

Diff is my question is that Fred actually went on to be a star actor in a running TV show.

You are talking about one player as a back up cameo actor. I made my question about a leading actor.
(January 30, 2020 at 8:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 30, 2020 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Name another NFL player who also appeared in a cop show.  No catch phrase, but he was a running back for three different teams, scored 13 touchdowns over six seasons, and played in back-to-back Superbowls.

Boru

Thank you super contrarian. Your cape is massive. 

Diff is my question is that Fred actually went on to be a star actor in a running TV show.

You are talking about one player as a back up cameo actor. I made my question about a leading actor.

No, it wasn't a cameo.  He had a major role in the show for five years (just over 100 episodes).  It was an ensemble show, so there wasn't really a 'lead'.

This time, at least, I'm not being contrarian.  Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 30, 2020 at 8:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(January 30, 2020 at 8:00 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Thank you super contrarian. Your cape is massive. 

No, it wasn't a cameo.  He had a major role in the show for five years (just over 100 episodes).  It was an ensemble show, so there wasn't really a 'lead'.

Boru

Ok smart guy, who was the other NFL player who played a recurring role as a lead role in an 80s cop drama.

We ARE talking about title leads, not just back ups here. 

Fred Dyer was the lead in Hunter. I don't know of any other NFL player who went on to act in an 80s cop drama AS THE LEAD.
(January 30, 2020 at 8:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 30, 2020 at 8:02 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No, it wasn't a cameo.  He had a major role in the show for five years (just over 100 episodes).  It was an ensemble show, so there wasn't really a 'lead'.

Boru

Ok smart guy, who was the other NFL player who played a recurring role as a lead role in an 80s cop drama.

We ARE talking about title leads, not just back ups here. 

Fred Dyer was the lead in Hunter. I don't know of any other NFL player who went on to act in an 80s cop drama AS THE LEAD.

To be fair, you didn’t specify leads or title characters in your original question, so your criticism isn’t really fair.  And, as I said, this was basically an ensemble show, so there can’t actually be a lead.

Anyway, the answer is Ed Marinaro, who played Joe Coffey on ‘Hill Street Blues’.

You can untwist your knickers, now.

Boru
Name the guy who did that thing in that show about a guy who one time ate a hamburger.
(January 30, 2020 at 8:18 pm)no one Wrote: Name the guy who did that thing in that show about a guy who one time ate a hamburger.

Too easy. Deltoid P. Ferretpuncher, former puck polisher for the Mumbai Tweezers.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some of my brother's Graphic Design Works and Illustrations Edwardo Piet 3 763 October 7, 2015 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet