Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extantdodo dissecting Hovindisms
Extantdodo dissecting Hovindisms

Extantdodo dissecting Hovindisms.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Extantdodo dissecting Hovindisms
Pretty standard vid, well thought out but a little slow.

It's very sad that most of the people in the audience at Hovind's speech no doubt are nodding along with every single word he says. Dodo is bang on when he talks about creationists preying on the general public's lack of knowledge of biology. It worries me to think that, what with the creationist push in the States to teach the controversy and other nonsense, that it might actually be getting worse. Now, I live in BC, Canada, and I thought for a long time that I lived in a pretty secular area. The other day, however, I was eating dinner with some friends and evolution came up and of the 7 people at my end of the table, 5 of them were shocked that I "believed" in evolution. When I asked one of them why she thought it was wrong, all she could say was "Because it's bullshit!" Not a shred of actual facts to back up her view, just indoctrinated single-mindedness. At that point, I was so shocked I simply stopped talking and the topic changed. But it was so surprising to find out so close to home exactly how pervasive this utter lack of understanding truly is. People like Hovind sicken me, because they use subversion to actively use such people's lack of knowledge.
Is he still in jail?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Yes he is, his parole was not granted.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 19, 2009 at 5:18 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Yes he is, his parole was not granted.

Good.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Ironic, but today marks the 2 year anniversary since his sentencing.