Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Happy Thread
The Happy Thread
With all the doom and gloom in the world I thought we could you a positive thread.

We're all worried about global warming, coronavirus, pollution, and idiots in the seats of power, so let's say positive things about any subject you like.

On the bright side, if coronavirus sweeps the world, there'll be plenty of jobs going.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: The Happy Thread
I'm loving going to Asian restaurants lately! Seriously! There's no wait times. Service is bespoke!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Potatoes.  Potatoes are a happy-making thing. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 6, 2020 at 5:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Potatoes.  Potatoes are a happy-making thing. 

Boru

That is such an Irish thing to say!

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 6, 2020 at 5:57 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(March 6, 2020 at 5:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Potatoes.  Potatoes are a happy-making thing. 

Boru

That is such an Irish thing to say!

Smile

I think that, even if I had to bear the misfortune of not being Irish, I would be made happy by spuds.  You can have them fried, roasted, stewed, boiled, raw or distilled.  You can make them into pie crust, flour, bread, candy, crisps, etc.  They can fix an over-salted soup or stew. They make good fodder for various livestock. They can do service as an emergency petrol tank cap, a weapon, or a marital aid. You can use them to change a broken lightbulb.

They're so fucking useful, they're like the pigs of the tuber world.

All hail spuds.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Po-ta-toes! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew. Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.

Still, I like meat more. BBQ, meat, pork... BBQing in my fireplace while playing RedDeadRedemtion2...

Now I'm hungry.

Ghhh...
Thanks for playing.

Boru
(March 6, 2020 at 6:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 6, 2020 at 5:57 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: That is such an Irish thing to say!

Smile

I think that, even if I had to bear the misfortune of not being Irish, I would be made happy by spuds.  You can have them fried, roasted, stewed, boiled, raw or distilled.  You can make them into pie crust, flour, bread, candy, crisps, etc.  They can fix an over-salted soup or stew. They make good fodder for various livestock. They can do service as an emergency petrol tank cap, a weapon, or a marital aid. You can use them to change a broken lightbulb.

They're so fucking useful, they're like the pigs of the tuber world.

All hail spuds.

Boru
They're the most commonly consumed vegetable on Mars.
Potatoes give me the shits.... or is it the shits give me potatoes ...I can't remember Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 6, 2020 at 9:41 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Potatoes give me the shits....  or is it the shits give me potatoes ...I can't remember Dunno

But that's the grand thing about tatties - you can get use out of them even if you DON'T eat them.  For example, keep several potatoes in your freezer.  When society collapses and the ravening hordes of looters show up to steal your meagre food supply and your collection of 'Biker Babes In Bondage' magazines, you'll be ready for them - a frozen potato in a sock can do a surprising amount of damage to a human being.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "You really mustn't derail this thread" thread. Edwardo Piet 69 8281 January 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The "You really must derail this thread" thread. Marsellus Wallace 20 3926 January 19, 2016 at 7:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus