Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Circus
Silent Circus
A depressive, yet a very interesting piece of musical art with lots of surrealistic paintings.
@Belacqua would enjoy this I'm sure

RE: Silent Circus
Puts me in mind of some of the photos from the 'Miss Peregrine' book series.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 18, 2020 at 6:34 am)WinterHold Wrote: A depressive, yet a very interesting piece of musical art with lots of surrealistic paintings.

Fascinating, mood-setting music. It seems pretty clear that he has such visuals in mind when he makes the music.

I Googled Yamaoka just now. His Wikipedia page lists him as primarily a video game music composer, which is something new for me. But it would explain why the pictures and the sounds work together. Also it says he went to Tokyo Art College, which has produced most of the recent famous artists in Japan, so clearly he's a visual guy too. 

I made a conscious decision back when computer games started getting addictive -- I knew that if I got into them I wouldn't stop, so I have never experienced all that stuff. My students talk about Call of Duty and a bunch of others, but it's all alien to me. No doubt I'm missing something -- maybe I've condemned myself to the old-fashioned world. The idea of quality composers whose primary medium is games is strange to me!
(March 18, 2020 at 7:10 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 18, 2020 at 6:34 am)WinterHold Wrote: A depressive, yet a very interesting piece of musical art with lots of surrealistic paintings.

Fascinating, mood-setting music. It seems pretty clear that he has such visuals in mind when he makes the music.

I Googled Yamaoka just now. His Wikipedia page lists him as primarily a video game music composer, which is something new for me. But it would explain why the pictures and the sounds work together. Also it says he went to Tokyo Art College, which has produced most of the recent famous artists in Japan, so clearly he's a visual guy too. 

I made a conscious decision back when computer games started getting addictive -- I knew that if I got into them I wouldn't stop, so I have never experienced all that stuff. My students talk about Call of Duty and a bunch of others, but it's all alien to me. No doubt I'm missing something -- maybe I've condemned myself to the old-fashioned world. The idea of quality composers whose primary medium is games is strange to me!

It's from the fourth "silent hill"; a fantastic horror single-player that launched for ps1 and ps2, nothing like "Call of Duty" it's totally different.

The game is a long fantastic story that your protagonist lives through; it's creepy as hell and its story is just pure gold.

Akira produced the music for the game along with the fantastic "team silent" which worked for Konami. But the company destroyed the team in favor for other teams that provided online games like Call of Duty; Silent Hill doesn't bring a lot of income as it seems.

mmm you should try the single-player games, so many have fantastic stories and astonishing visuals and game play.

But TBH I became more interested in the "real world" now; I rarely play.