Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette maker BAT claims coronavirus vaccine breakthrough
Cigarette maker BAT claims coronavirus vaccine breakthrough
The world’s second-biggest cigarette maker claims to have made a “significant breakthrough” in the race to find a vaccine for the coronavirus and would be ready to start mass production within three months

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/202...akthrough/

Huh
RE: Cigarette maker BAT claims coronavirus vaccine breakthrough
The word "irony" has just been given a new paragon.
The firm said KBP – bought by its US subsidiary Reynolds American Inc in 2014 – has been looking at alternative uses of tobacco plants for some time, including plant-based vaccines.

It was one of the few firms that helped develop an effective treatment for Ebola in 2014 and has recently been working with the US government on seasonal influenza vaccines

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bat-cl...pmQKLfGMJZ

Huh
Fuck, if the cousins get hold of this.

Oh wait, most of them can't read. We're good.
Perhaps they're riddled with guilt (or, more likely, a negative PR profile) about their cigarettes causing so much death/cancer etc and so are trying to "balance the books."
(April 1, 2020 at 1:59 pm)Editz Wrote: Perhaps they're riddled with guilt (or, more likely, a negative PR profile) about their cigarettes causing so much death/cancer etc and so are trying to "balance the books."

Hmmm, perhaps they want to save their customers, so they can keep smoking. Depends on the angle you look at.
BAT said it had cloned a portion of the genetic sequence of the coronavirus and developed a potential antigen. The antigen was then inserted into tobacco plants for reproduction and, once the plants were harvested, the antigen was purified. It is now undergoing pre-clinical testing

Huh
Happy April Idiots Day!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 1, 2020 at 1:43 pm)Ashwin39 Wrote: The world’s second-biggest cigarette maker claims to have made a “significant breakthrough” in the race to find a vaccine for the coronavirus and would be ready to start mass production within three months

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/202...akthrough/

Huh

The AIDS virus took decades to get to the point of management even though it there still is no cure.

The common flu virus drives scientists to seek a new vaccine every year. 

The COVID19 is nothing humanity has faced so far. I don't see a vaccine as  being out of reach. But right now, anyone claiming they have a sudden cure for COVID19 is full of shit. 

I don't see a quick fix to reduction for COVID19  OTHER than stay in place and social distance.
I was really excited to see some progress made in this vaccine field for covid 19

They also said the vaccine would be ready to start mass production within three months unlike few of the vaccines that would take 18 months

How many people more have to die before something effective will be discovered

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inovio tests new COVID-19 vaccine on humans Megabullshit 0 193 April 7, 2020 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  Coronavirus dead pool. Gawdzilla Sama 24 1480 March 25, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My claims prove my claims are correct. The Valkyrie 57 4152 May 19, 2018 at 3:17 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  The absurdity of all god claims. Brian37 0 433 June 1, 2014 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  More vaccine doubts Pippy 16 3552 February 11, 2010 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Pippy