Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bores You?
Star 
What Bores You?
I get that a lot of us are still under lockdown and may be starting to go a bit doolally from the tedium, but what bores you normally?

-Cooking shows. I love to cook, but can’t stand watching other people do it.

-Fishing. To be fair, it’s only boring until you catch a fish, then it’s disgusting.

-People who feel the need to tell me about people I don’t know.

-Turtles. Pick up the pace, fellas.

-96.6% of everything that arrives in my email inbox.

Any others?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: What Bores You?
Dentists. Hehe

People that repeat themselves. Yes, I know, that's me.

Most of my relatives.

Watching golf.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Have to agree about watching golf. It’s excruciating.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Watching car racing. After 28 years of marriage my husband still thinks one day I will suddenly be a NASCAR fan.

I will put in a third vote on watching golf.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I hate to admit this, but helping with mundane schoolwork.
Quarantine homeschooling is painfully boring.
Illegitimi non carborundum
Cricket. Especially test matches.

How the hell can people watch/play that for five days??

Circular reasoning from idiots
Dying to live, living to die.
I guess watching pretty much any sports game. I just don't care about someone winning some game, especially since it seems that in any sports you have about one to three people (teams) that usually win every competition.

And I find tennis to be specially unbearable to watch. I mean the players are even dressed like rich millionaire assholes, and everyone has to be quiet so they can moan for hours, collect their money and put in Monaco or some other tax haven.

But, of course, with today's toys and internet, it's hard to be bored.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
My kid knows a fucking lot about Minecraft.

What does boredom feel like anyway?
I tend to go straight to mild anger.

People who find fishing boring apparently never heard of dynamite.....
(April 24, 2020 at 1:29 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I get that a lot of us are still under lockdown and may be starting to go a bit doolally from the tedium, but what bores you normally?

-Cooking shows. I love to cook, but can’t stand watching other people do it.

-Fishing. To be fair, it’s only boring until you catch a fish, then it’s disgusting.

-People who feel the need to tell me about people I don’t know.

-Turtles. Pick up the pace, fellas.

-96.6% of everything that arrives in my email inbox.

Any others?

Boru

"Knocks on door"......

"You open door"

I great you with, "Excuse me sir, do you have a second to talk about your savior ABBA?"