Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes?
Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes?
So this stupid topic infected my brain, when today, I got on line with my Redneck friend from Oklahoma and he talked about the frequency of tornadoes vs hurricanes.

He made a very good point that most tornadoes don't last long. But still, why does some weather get named and others do not?
RE: Why don't we name tornadoees like hurricanes?
Tornadoes rarely last more than 1/2 hour, so the news people talk about where they fucked up people and property. With a hurricane the name often gets applied when it's a tropical storm. This is purely for "bookkeeping" purposes. The newsies will talk about Tropical Hissy Fit Brian for days.
Tornadoes are like cats, they don't come when you call them.
(April 25, 2020 at 12:55 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Tornadoes rarely last more than 1/2 hour, so the news people talk about where they fucked up people and property. With a hurricane the name often gets applied when it's a tropical storm. This is purely for "bookkeeping" purposes. The newsies will talk about Tropical Hissy Fit Brian for days.

You are such a killjoy.
They've started naming random squalls now.
At the start of the year we had a different named storm every weekend, we just waiting for storm Zsa Zsa Gabor to show up...
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Tornadoes are like having a quickie with a stranger. No names or exchanging phone numbers. Hurricanes are like a long weekend with a Fuck Buddy.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(April 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm)no one Wrote: Tornadoes are like cats, they don't come when you call them.

Why you dissing puddies? I love cats.
(April 25, 2020 at 1:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm)no one Wrote: Tornadoes are like cats, they don't come when you call them.

Why you dissing puddies? I love cats.

[Image: ied6q6W.jpg?2]
(April 25, 2020 at 1:20 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Tornadoes are like having a quickie with a stranger. No names or exchanging phone numbers. Hurricanes are like a long weekend with a Fuck Buddy.

I actually started this thread based on a prior conversation with a Redneck friend from Oklahoma, and he actually dared me  to start this thread just so he could read the responses. This so far, at least for me, wins the day!

And just so everyone knows, i have a TORNADO magnet on my fridge sent to me by my best friend from Oklahoma.
As nasty as they are, tornados cause far less property damage and loss of life than hurricanes.

There’s also the fact that the US experiences more that 1000 tornados per year. If you had that many hurricanes, you probably stop naming them as well.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 540 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Name That Tune V2.0 onlinebiker 14 573 August 7, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name me........ Brian37 6 619 July 3, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Name that musician... arewethereyet 29 1514 April 19, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2192 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Name your poison. Brian37 49 1737 August 29, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 729 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I don't like Mondays The Valkyrie 26 2502 June 3, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I don't like cricket... The Valkyrie 20 1523 May 29, 2019 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Name 3 things about the poster above ignoramus 67 4308 November 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: no one