Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jehovas's Witness incident
Jehovas's Witness incident
Something that came to my attention...
Quote:Just lost my s*** with some Jehovah's Witnesses...
[Image: renderTimingPixel.png]
They came in my fucking house!
My front door was standing open, as I was mowing my front lawn, and needed to use the socket in the hall there, so I couldn't fully close the door or I'd break the cable. I wasn't going to be unplugging it and bringing it in every 2 minutes.
My front and back gardens are not linked, so to empty the mower, I have to carry the bucket of grass through the house to the back where the compost bin is.
I head back to put the bucket back in the mower, it took me less than a minute, and when I got back, two young men were standing in my hall.
Since I had no idea who they were, I panicked and screamed at them to get out of my house, like, full on, she-might-be-a-lunatic, screaming. Yes, might have been a bit of an overreaction, but it's what happened.
They tried to launch into their spiel about God etc, but I wasn't having any of it, and... screamed some more.
I guess I freaked them out, because they did leave, but stood on my doorstep and tried to talk to me some more. I waved the bucket at them, telling them to get away from my house and garden, and never come back.
When they'd moved off I brought in the mower, locked my door and had a mild freak out on the stairs.
I've just got done disinfecting the whole hall, and all the doors/handles/frames they might have touched.
I just... WTF?!
Why are they even out? They bloody shouldn't be. I didn't get their names, but I know what they look like, should I call someone? They can't just walk into peoples homes, no matter how open or closed their doors are.
Before anyone asks, I am certain they are real Jehovah's Witnesses, as I've seen them in the area before, talking to people, handing out pamphlets, and I've not opened my door to them when they knocked on my door once last year. I've never spoken to them before now though. All in all I've seen them 4 or 5 times over the last year.
UPDATE:
Since so many people have said to contact the police and the JW Hall, I've looked up the ones in my area. No one is answering at any of the Hall numbers currently, but I'll try again tomorrow. The non-emergency police call though: they're sending someone over to take a statement from me. I have a home security camera looking out each of my doors, and they want me to grab that footage for the police to view, and possibly collect as evidence? dunno right now.
They'll be round... at some point today... helpful... My neighbour stuck her head out into the back garden earlier, to see how I was. We had tea through the fence and it's helped a bit with managing my panic.
UPDATE 2?:
Spoke to the police when they came over, showed them my security footage, and it shows then watching my 2 daughters and I in the garden for about half an hour, just at the edge of frame. Seriously creepy.
Police said they were definitely trespassing, and that they'll look into things.
I emailed and left a voicemail at the KH, and I got an email reply from someone. They apologised for what had happened, told me no one was suppose to be out and about just now, and they were going to look into it.
They asked me to call first thing tomorrow, so they could try and figure out what happened, and who it was. They also said they would make sure I was put on their Do Not Call list, so thanks to the people who suggested that for me to ask about.
What they've essentially said is that, although they are closed, and gave told their people not to go visiting anyone, they have no control over their actions, and this may be a case of 2 overzealous JWs acting on their own. I get that, and it's what I suspect too.
Either way, I've got calls yo make tomorrow, so I'm making sure the house is locked up tight, and going to try and get some sleep.
Link
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: Jehovas's Witness incident
Not sure about the legal situation where you live but it sounds like trespass to me (not even allowing for the virus/self isolation situation) I think they were lucky to get away without a punch on the nose or worse
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

"It's okay, God sent us."
I'm usually visited by the JW's twice annually. The first group shows up in May. The second group come around in August. I was hoping that this virus business would make them curtail their visits, but it appears that this will not be the case. As usual, I'll have to keep my atheist business cards and tracts by the back door to repel the invaders.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Before we met, Ellen had a man walk into her flat because the door was ajar.  No knock, no ringing on the bell - just walked in. She knocked him out and called the cops.  It turned out that he was going to ask if he could use the phone. He was charged with criminal trespass and had the gall to try to counter-sue for common assault (didn't work).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 27, 2020 at 6:49 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Not sure about the legal situation where you live but it sounds like trespass to me (not even allowing for the virus/self isolation situation) I think they were lucky to get away without a punch on the nose or worse

lol. Not me, the other half found this on breakingmom (Link is at the bottom) though it does appear that the poster is in the UK.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
With JWs being subtle doesn't work.

[Image: pFJKtZm.jpg]
(April 27, 2020 at 6:49 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Not sure about the legal situation where you live but it sounds like trespass to me (not even allowing for the virus/self isolation situation) I think they were lucky to get away without a punch on the nose or worse

This is where you draw down. They are inside your house without an invite. This is a potential threat.

Gun angled downward - finger off trigger. If they run away- fine. If they advance - target center mass. (Finger still off trigger) 

See what happens.

If they behave - call 911 - have them arrested. Prosecute.

Don' t want to get shot?

Don't walk into people's homes uninvited.

No exception for those with delusions of mandate from invisible friends.
I haven't had  JW or LDS at my door in decades.

God be praised!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 27, 2020 at 7:39 am)onlinebiker Wrote:

This is where you draw down. They are inside your house without an invite. This is a potential threat.

Gun angled downward - finger off trigger. If they run away- fine. If they advance - target center mass. (Finger still off trigger) 

See what happens.

If they behave - call 911 - have them arrested. Prosecute.

Don' t want to get shot?

Don't walk into people's homes uninvited.

No exception for those with delusions of mandate from invisible friends.

The guy who walked in on Ellen was lucky he didn't get one between the eyes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 11228 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Witness of the Holy Spirit ThePinsir 10 2725 February 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  The Jehovah's Witness Protection Program freedomfromforum 31 7029 August 22, 2013 at 8:03 am
Last Post: gall
  I'm a witness that Jesus lives! domnavarra 53 21531 June 5, 2012 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Judge forces Jehovah's Witness parents to allow transfusion for daughter with cancer frankiej 3 2133 June 1, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist