Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new appointment...
The new appointment...
I have six teleconferences with medical people over the next two weeks. One of them asked that I have a thermometer ready to use. Doh
RE: The new appointment...
I wouldn't be too happy if I had to insert a thermometer in you know where with 6 different people watching! Unless you're into that sort of thing Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If they meet all my demands I use it orally.
Reminds me of the old joke about the nurse who finds a rectal thermometer in her pocket and thinks, 'Dammit...some arsehole's got my pen.'

Back to the topic.  We had to renew the standing orders at the bank by video conference.  It wasn't adequately explained why it couldn't be done via email.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 29, 2020 at 8:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Reminds me of the old joke about the nurse who finds a rectal thermometer in her pocket and thinks, 'Dammit...some arsehole's got my pen.'

Back to the topic.  We had to renew the standing orders at the bank by video conference.  It wasn't adequately explained why it couldn't be done via email.

Boru

Email? how 20th century!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(April 29, 2020 at 8:45 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Reminds me of the old joke about the nurse who finds a rectal thermometer in her pocket and thinks, 'Dammit...some arsehole's got my pen.'

Boru
Email are hard.

Boru

Likely security measures, there'll be an id photo attached to your account file so they can see both you and the photo at the same time.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
Got a 11:30 video appt. Ditched the pajamas and put on a polo shirt. Now I just have to remember to not stand up in range of the camera pick-up.

Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
No, just my shirt. Blush