Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ELEMENT DISCOVERED!!! ^_^
NEW ELEMENT DISCOVERED!!! ^_^
NEW ELEMENT DISCOVERED

by Garry Mallard on Monday, 21 February 2011 at 16:38.

Sydney University researchers have discovered the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass. When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

Sort of says it all really.... Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: NEW ELEMENT DISCOVERED!!! ^_^
Brilliant Big Grin I can't wait to show this to someone dumb I know to see if they miss the joke.
I didn't know april fools was in february :S I'm going to have to look at my calender more than 2ce a year 0.o

I thought it was entirely humor... if I'm wrong then i think my brain died 0.o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 21, 2011 at 7:03 am)theVOID Wrote: Brilliant Big Grin I can't wait to show this to someone dumb I know to see if they miss the joke.

Thanks for shifting it V0ID... not doing well on multi-tasking Big Grin
(February 21, 2011 at 7:07 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I didn't know april fools was in february :S I'm going to have to look at my calender more than 2ce a year 0.o

Big Grin That's what you get for playing Rift baby girl! Joke
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(February 21, 2011 at 9:34 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(February 21, 2011 at 7:03 am)theVOID Wrote: Brilliant Big Grin I can't wait to show this to someone dumb I know to see if they miss the joke.

Wasn't me, it must be the other member of our right wing bandwagon Smile Hi Adrian!
(February 21, 2011 at 9:46 am)theVOID Wrote:

Wasn't me, it must be the other member of our right wing bandwagon Smile Hi Adrian!

Hi who ever you are...I'm sure I just put it in Off Topic Hi
(February 21, 2011 at 7:07 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I didn't know april fools was in february :S I'm going to have to look at my calender more than 2ce a year 0.o

Big Grin That's what you get for playing Rift baby girl! Joke

Yeah... that is definitely humor (looked at it when fully awake).

Bleeding satire...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
When I saw the title I thought "It must be another one of those ultra massive man made elements that only last a millionth of a second before it breaks down". Then I saw it was Governmentium and realised it broke down the moment it was created.