Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tearjerker's Lounge
Tearjerker's Lounge
I guess it's the social protocol for new members to introduce themselves, I'm Tearjerker, I'm obviously not Roger Smith, but for now this will suffice as I'm not ready to share my identity at this time.

I'm an Atheist, I just can't rationalize it when people say and God said let there be light, and then there was light or God created universe in six days and gave himself a day off so we can have holiday. Of course this is the fun facts my problems with religion is more profound.

I was born and raised in a Muslim country and I currently reside there, so that will make my English a work in progress I hope I don't make much confusion when I fail to offer a sensible sentence.

Looking forward to get to know this place and its inhabitants.

yours truly,
Tearjerker
In the deep forest by a yearnings side
Is a flower growing in the still of the night.
Moonlit night with her would blend - if you break her...
Your life must end!
RE: Tearjerker's Lounge
Welcome
Don't worry about your English. You're doing just fine.
You look forward to getting to know me? Oh no... you have it all backwards, good fellow! You do not want to get to know me Tongue

You'd have to be some sort of psycho to know me Dodgy

Welcome, but try your hardest not to go crazy ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 21, 2011 at 3:03 pm)Tearjerker Wrote: I guess it's the social protocol for new members to introduce themselves, I'm Tearjerker, I'm obviously not Roger Smith, but for now this will suffice as I'm not ready to share my identity at this time.

I'm an Atheist, I just can't rationalize it when people say and God said let there be light, and then there was light or God created universe in six days and gave himself a day off so we can have holiday. Of course this is the fun facts my problems with religion is more profound.

I was born and raised in a Muslim country and I currently reside there, so that will make my English a work in progress I hope I don't make much confusion when I fail to offer a sensible sentence.

Looking forward to get to know this place and its inhabitants.

yours truly,
Tearjerker

It's refreshing to see an atheist here who comes from a muslim upbringing rather than a christian one. A lot is said around here about the "fun times" concerning christian values and beliefs, so it'll be interesting to have someone around with an atheist's first-hand perspective on the muslim faith.

In any case, welcome, person who definately isn't an alien named Roger Smith.

(I'm on to you!)
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Your English is much better than that of my neighbors, and I live in America.

P.S. - Roger is one of my favorites, along with Toot from Drawn Together
Thank you guys ^^
In the deep forest by a yearnings side
Is a flower growing in the still of the night.
Moonlit night with her would blend - if you break her...
Your life must end!
I have great respect for muslims who reject their particular fairy tale. Over here, we get cross looks from moron xtians but they rarely throw rocks.
(February 21, 2011 at 4:23 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Your English is much better than that of my neighbors, and I live in America.

P.S. - Roger is one of my favorites, along with Toot from Drawn Together

Same here,except I live in Australia.Angel Cloud

Does the term "selamat datang" ring a bell?

Welcome from Oz Tearjerker Hi

Enjoy your stay here...your english is very good Clap
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5