Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"
"Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"
So..the west built its modern glory via utilizing Jihadi-like soldiers during the 17th-18th century.
Whole battles were fought; massive numbers of humans fell; you would hear the following words in Latin-twisted tongues screaming:

"Aiiiiiiiiiiiiii...m,,,Fiiiiiiiii..a"

So, you just walk if you were a western soldier back then, until you hear your general saying: ""Aiiiiiiiiiiiiii...m,,,Fiiiiiiiii..a".

You then "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiia -fire-".

Why ? you don't know. Your general also don't know. So both of you walk for miles, just so you "Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"

You listen to funny music while you die..by the hands of another westerner who also walked for miles so he hears : "vise.....r, tire........r"

How sad it is, to die without a cause, you just walk...walk..and walk..then die.
The last words you hear are ""Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"
RE: "Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"
(June 20, 2020 at 7:05 am)WinterHold Wrote: So..the west built its modern glory via utilizing Jihadi-like soldiers during the 17th-18th century.
Whole battles were fought; massive numbers of humans fell; you would hear the following words in Latin-twisted tongues screaming:

"Aiiiiiiiiiiiiii...m,,,Fiiiiiiiii..a"

So, you just walk if you were a western soldier back then, until you hear your general saying: ""Aiiiiiiiiiiiiii...m,,,Fiiiiiiiii..a".

You then "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiia -fire-".

Why ? you don't know. Your general also don't know. So both of you walk for miles, just so you "Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"

You listen to funny music while you die..by the hands of another westerner who also walked for miles so he hears : "vise.....r, tire........r"

How sad it is, to die without a cause, you just walk...walk..and walk..then die.
The last words you hear are ""Aiiiiiii...m....fiiiiiiiiiiii..a"

Eighteen centuries earlier, the last words you heard might have been ‘Gloria Excercitus’.

Not entirely sure what your point is, here. I’m also unsure as to what your issue is with this particular war, since it mostly consisted of Europeans killing other Europeans. I thought you’d be pleased.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The best part is "aim" wasn't a command. Good luck aiming a smooth bore musket.
(June 20, 2020 at 7:24 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The best part is "aim" wasn't a command. Good luck aiming a smooth bore musket.

‘Ready...point the business end of your weapon in the the general direction of the bad guys and hope for the best...fire!’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 20, 2020 at 7:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 20, 2020 at 7:24 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The best part is "aim" wasn't a command. Good luck aiming a smooth bore musket.

‘Ready...point the business end of your weapon in the the general direction of the bad guys and hope for the best...fire!’

Boru
Some sequences used "level". Marksmanship with smooth bores was not a thing.
I get a chuckle when, in ’historical’ films, archers are given the ‘ready aim fire’ command.

Boru
(June 20, 2020 at 7:38 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 20, 2020 at 7:29 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘Ready...point the business end of your weapon in the the general direction of the bad guys and hope for the best...fire!’

Boru
Some sequences used "level". Marksmanship with smooth bores was not a thing.

Which is why muskets didn’t have sights.

Boru
(June 20, 2020 at 7:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 20, 2020 at 7:38 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Some sequences used "level". Marksmanship with smooth bores was not a thing.

Boru

And why the Brits were honked off at Colonial riflemen who sniped the officers when the redcoats came marching down the roads. "You're not supposed to be able to hit anything with single shots!" I guess they didn't pay attention to their own game keepers, the men who kept the predator populations down.
(June 20, 2020 at 7:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 20, 2020 at 7:38 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Some sequences used "level". Marksmanship with smooth bores was not a thing.

Boru
Matchlocks had sights fer crissakes...
(June 20, 2020 at 8:11 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(June 20, 2020 at 7:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Which is why muskets didn’t have sights.

Boru
Matchlocks had sights fer crissakes...

Fair enough, but matchlocks weren't used in the so-called 'Seven Years War'. By that time, the British and French had removed them from service, as flintlocks were more reliable.

Boru