Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wild Nomad has appeared!
A wild Nomad has appeared!
Greetings, and salutations, 

I am a gay man in my mid-thirties, who came to Atheism around the age of sixteen or so. At that time I also began to truly understand more about the world, such as the fact that I only followed Baptist Christianity because I had been raised in it, and taught never to question it. Thankfully that revelation came about a year and a half before I began to seriously understand that I was homosexual. 

It was actually my falling away from religion that allowed me to have that understanding, and I soon realized that I had known for some time, but my religious indoctrination, under the watchful eyes of the Southern Baptists, had made me bury it subconsciously to protect myself from the feelings of self-hate, and shame I had experienced when I was much younger and began to develop feelings for other boys. So, around the time I was nineteen, and starting college I came to terms with both realizations, and began to live my life fully as both a gay man, and an atheist. 

I guess I should actually include a little about me currently as well. I am happily partnered, been with the same man for ten years next month. I am a book-worm, usually reading two to three books at a time, across various genres, but most interested in hard science in the evolutionary biology area, ie Dawkins, or the physics area, ie Brian Greene. I also really enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy novels such as the Revelation Space series, and the Wheel of Time. 

I am a lifelong Star Trek fan, and one of my biggest hobbies outside of reading is collaborative writing with a few wonderful groups of people in online communities. Outside of that I am an avid outdoorsman. I like to hike, and explore, spend time at lakes, and beaches, or in the forests up in the mountains. My partner and I go fishing from time to time, and go on long rambling walks with our dogs in the countryside where we live. 

Being a man of Cuban heritage I also really enjoy music and dancing, as well as watching soccer and boxing, though I have never really participated in either sport myself. I love to cook, especially dishes I remember from my childhood at my Abuela's house, or from family get-togethers, and I love to bake as well. 

If I had to pick the most interesting thing about my life to share, I would have to say that it is the fact that my partner and I are working towards becoming full time nomads. 

Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Glad to be here. Can't wait to get stuck in and start meeting fun new people.
RE: A wild Nomad has appeared!
Hello! Big Grin
Excellent intro! Thanks for sharing. Glad to have you here.

We've got tacos, but we need salsa!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hello back @Peebo-Thuhlu

@ignoramus I make some bomb ass salsa. You like it spicy or mild?
Welcome, welcome.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 27, 2020 at 8:41 am)ThatNomad Wrote: Hello back @Peebo-Thuhlu

@ignoramus  I make some bomb ass salsa. You like it spicy or mild?

I'm gonna play it safe and save my white ass and tell you that hot spicy to me is probably barely mild to you! lol
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Did you bring the tacos?
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the great introduction.

I don’t know much about Cuban culture (apart from a passion for pastelitos). 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Welcome Woof.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow A Wild Elles Appeared! Elles 29 10322 July 8, 2009 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Ryft