Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"That's communism!"
"That's communism!"
Really, what is up with communism scare? Are people so stupid and so easily manipulated that you just call something you don't like "communism" and people get quickly scared and they'll do anything you want?

[Image: Race.jpg]

[Image: Distance.jpg]

[Image: Communism-Obamacare-protest.jpg]

[Image: Global-warming-communism-protest.jpg]

[Image: Obama.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: "That's communism!"
‘Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor.’

‘COMMIE!!’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 7, 2020 at 4:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor.’

‘COMMIE!!’

Boru

"That's not what Jesus meant, commie!"
Dying to live, living to die.
Give money from the Treasury to people who lost their jobs!  :-x

Send troops to stop the protests!  :-x
(July 7, 2020 at 4:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor.’

‘COMMIE!!’

Boru

An actual quote from John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath.

Quote:'Fella named Hines-got 'bout thirty thousan' acres, peaches and grapes-got a cannery an' a winery. Well, he's all a time talkin' about 'them goddamn reds.' 'God- damn reds is drivin' the country to ruin,' he says, an' 'We got to drive these here red bastards out.' Well, they were a young fella jus' come out west here, an' he's listenin' one day. He kinda scratched his head an' he says, 'Mr. Hines, I ain't been here long. What is these goddamn reds?' Well, sir, Hines says, 'A red is any son-of-a-bitch that wants thirty cents an hour when we're payin' twenty-five!' Well, this young fella he thinks about her, an' he scratches his head, an' he says, 'Well, Jesus, Mr. Hines. I ain't a son-of-a-bitch, but if that's what a red is-why, I want thirty cents an hour. Ever'body does. Hell, Mr. Hines, we're all reds.''
Apparently, this is something Steinbeck asked a Salinas Valley grower and the question and initial answer are damn near identical for what he asked and was told. I don't think Steinbeck said the last response out loud. Nice to know that reactionaries haven't changed a whit on this front in the past 82 years.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
[Image: image.png]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
People fear red herrings.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"

Dom Helder Camara
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
There's several flavors of communism. I reckon when most people say communism, they mean USSR style tankies.

The gaslighting techniques of the right just muddy the waters further, when discussing communism.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
(July 8, 2020 at 4:22 am)Sal Wrote: There's several flavors of communism. I reckon when most people say communism, they mean USSR style tankies.

The gaslighting techniques of the right just muddy the waters further, when discussing communism.

These are the same morons who support a POTUS who vilifies the free press. If one could force these fuckers to spend time in Cuba or North Korea , or even talk to a WW2 vet who fought fascism and understood the Cold War with Russia, they'd understand what communism really is. 

Nadar spent the 60s and 70s blasting the auto industry and their CEOs basically vilified him for telling the truth. 

And these same morons don't understand that sanitation regulations exist already, just like seatbelts and air bags are not anti car. If a doctor or nurse can wear a mask every fucking day and your cook is required to wash their hands before leaving the bathroom, then they should be able to understand it isn't about oppression or punishment. 

The GOP is simply playing off white anxiety and fear of change.