Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Nathan
Hello from Nathan
Hello all Smile

I'm Nathan, a Christian from England, here to seek out new challenging questions about my beliefs and to ask questions about yours. I strongly believe that it is rational to have faith in the God of the Bible, and that the beliefs of Christianity hold up to the scrutiny of logic and evidence. We have an intellectual responsibility to seek the truth, and because of this I continually hope that if I am wrong I will find convincing arguments against Christian faith (whether here or elsewhere). I also hope to meet like-minded people who disagree with me, and I am sure that there will be many here.

RE: Hello from Nathan
Not another Brit....

Just kidding. Big Grin Big welcome from North Carolina!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Not another Christian. Wink I'm kidding too. Welcome to AF. I'm sure you'll find some interesting conversations here, even if you don't find the answers you are looking for.
A Brit AND a Christian! Tongue

Yes, o.k., I'm kidding like the others!

Welcome from an atheist in Australia.

There are many intelligent Christians, no doubt, but an "intellectual Christian", is surely an oxymoron.
A....a... OK so I can't think of something to call you but hello! Also, may I add, your beliefs are nuts and impractical. They are a poison bestowed onto the human race. Have a nice time here, by the way.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quote:. I strongly believe that it is rational to have faith in the God of the Bible, and that the beliefs of Christianity hold up to the scrutiny of logic and evidence.

And what "evidence" might that be?
Quote:I'm Nathan, a Christian from England,

I believe that

Quote:here to seek out new challenging questions about my beliefs and to ask questions about yours.

Funny you should say that. Most Christians we get here make pretty much the same claim .With only one exception who comes to mind, most were being less than honest,some were barefaced liars.

So, if you don't mind old boy,I think I'll wait until I see the cut of your jib before piping you aboard.
Welcome from Oz mate Hi

A pomme?? Bugger. Undecided

And and xtian Shock

And you've met the "Wise old men" of this forum?? Alarm

Hmm...I can't add anything more than Enjoy your stay Walk the plank!

Joke
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Shit...there's only two of them?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Pad has the rest on block. He forgets... bless! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6005 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3648 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates