Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professor Sir Roger Penrose debates an idiot.
Professor Sir Roger Penrose debates an idiot.
He's retired.  Retirement is supposed to be one's "golden years," but, it would seem, that Sir Roger feels the need to engage in public service:

RE: Professor Sir Roger Penrose debates an idiot.
Idiot, is about 4389 IQ points above William's.
Oh!

Is that the same Robert Penros who proposed the 'Penrose effect' in relation to black holes?

Yay that he's handing Craig his @rse!

Big Grin

Not at work.
Saw that few months back. Penrose did look bored there actually.

Anyway don't expect much of a knockdown here. It's very difficult to beat WLC in a game of rhetoric and counter arguments. Even though Penrose is heaps smarter than WLC.
I don't need to watch 1.5 hours of WLC in anything, getting his head handed to him or not.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 2, 2020 at 9:15 pm)brewer Wrote: I don't need to watch 1.5 hours of WLC in anything, getting his head handed to him or not.

I agree. I've seen Craig make the same claims, even when they've been soundly refuted in previous debates. He's nothing more than a showman with an agenda.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(August 3, 2020 at 6:12 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(August 2, 2020 at 9:15 pm)brewer Wrote: I don't need to watch 1.5 hours of WLC in anything, getting his head handed to him or not.

I agree. I've seen Craig make the same claims, even when they've been soundly refuted in previous debates. He's nothing more than a showman with an agenda.

In my opinion, he is a classic example from economics of where demand creates supply.
(August 4, 2020 at 11:53 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(August 3, 2020 at 6:12 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: I agree. I've seen Craig make the same claims, even when they've been soundly refuted in previous debates. He's nothing more than a showman with an agenda.

In my opinion, he is a classic example from economics of where demand creates supply.

WLC is the lemonade stand seller (sorry to any kids selling lemonade in the suburbs) of apologia to all those thirsty thirsty Christians, basically.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Professor Sean Carroll on Why there is Something... Jehanne 13 1259 August 25, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Sir Isaac Newton Time life magizines "Greatest scientific thinker of our time" franca 6 5849 October 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Remembering Roger Boisjoly: He Tried To Stop Shuttle Challenger Launch orogenicman 2 1727 February 7, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: orogenicman