Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye?
Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye?
New York Seeks To Dissolve The NRA

Quote:New York state's attorney general sued to dissolve the National Rifle Association on Thursday, alleging senior leaders of the non-profit group diverted millions of dollars for personal use and to buy the silence and loyalty of former employees.

The lawsuit filed in a Manhattan court by Attorney General Letitia James alleges NRA leaders paid for family trips to the Bahamas, private jets and expensive meals that contributed to a $64 million reduction in the NRA's balance sheet in three years, turning a surplus into a deficit.

And Trump responded with his usual ‘they’re coming for your guns’ nonsense.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye?
Dream on.

Any idiot with a license to.practice can file a lawsuit against almost anyone for almost anything....

It takes a jury of 12 to agree with whatever lunatic shit he cooks up to get a judgement in his favor....

This is just a political stunt by a goat fucking shyster...
Ever were the NRA cease to exist, there are others like them (Gun Owners of America) for instance, who would continue, assuming that they aren't crooked, too. I don't know the ins and outs of the problems with what the management there are doing or have done. The NRA in the dim and misty used to be all about shooting skills and hunting safety. Now they're massively political, and I believe needlessly so. If their officers violated the law, they should be held accountable. Does that mean imploding the whole thing? Idunno.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Guys, don't fight it... This is the NWO. You can fight it but will ultimately lose.
I don't need to shout because you know I'm talking small caps.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 6, 2020 at 6:04 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
Dream on.

Any idiot with a license to.practice can file a lawsuit against almost anyone for almost anything....

It takes a jury of 12 to agree with whatever lunatic shit he cooks up to get a judgement in his favor....

This is just a political stunt by a goat fucking shyster...

(emphasis mine)

Good job reading the article.

[Image: 200806122621-ny-ag-letitia-james-0806-exlarge-169.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: CSGyF0e.jpg]
This should be interesting. The NRA may not go away, but some of the top officials caught with their hand in the cookie jar might. We'll have to wait and see how far down the ladder the graft goes.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 6, 2020 at 7:26 pm)brewer Wrote: This should be interesting. The NRA may not go away, but some of the top officials caught with their hand in the cookie jar might. We'll have to wait and see how far down the ladder the graft goes.

That’s pretty much how I see it. Lobbying groups are notoriously hard to dislodge, but I think some people are likely to get spanked. Dissolution of the NRA is probably a bargaining chip more than an actual goal.

Boru
(August 6, 2020 at 6:17 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Guys, don't fight it... This is the NWO. You can fight it but will ultimately lose.
I don't need to shout because you know I'm talking small caps.

Easy, cowboy, I'm not fighting anything. I'm just acknowledging that the NRA "leadership" may have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Truth be told, I have guns but only use them for target shooting, and that's all I ever have done with them. I "hunt" for my food at the grocery store. Some people actually do need to hunt, and they shouldn't be deprived of that capability.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
NFW is the NRA going anywhere. Unless we finally have a civil war and split up.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 19492 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: GUBU
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1233 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3339 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1361 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  NRA files chpter11 in NY in order to flee to Texas. Brian37 14 1119 January 16, 2021 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 807 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  They're going to catch sh*t for this. Brian37 8 851 April 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bye Bye Bibi.............. Brian37 6 694 March 1, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: brewer
  So, Brits. How's Brexit Going? Minimalist 190 15172 February 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The market and where the economy is going. Jackalope 19 2230 December 15, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda